Connecticut get together

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about a get together for the Connecticut area, It would be Mid-Connecticut not sure when but just getting numbers of people who may want to come. Charging will be available.

There are a couple that I'm aware of...

There's at least one other peron on the forum from CT. I think his name is Marty. On plugshare there's someone from Danbury, but not sure who it is. I'm sure there are others, but maybe just not on the forum (yet) :D .

It will be good to compare notes for CT Leafers. There are some charges in CT that are not documented in Carwings or other sites. Would be nice to have a more comprehensive listing than what's currently available.

Pick a date, say 12 May 2012.

Pick a "centrally located", easily accessible place for a Saturday
morning breakfast meeting, near charging stations if possible.

Consider good off-street parking, reasonable quality and cost food, flexible seating inside for the expexted (still small) group.

Google Map the location, zoom in, switch to satellite view,
and inspect the location, access, etc.

Then, go there (roughly 8:30 to 10:30 AM) for a leisurely breakfast,
and see who else shows up. Even one other is good.

The worst is having a nice, quiet breakfast with your "significant other(s)".

Best is a couple of others, and begin making new friendships,
and even chat a little about your EV-related experiences.

Interest will build.

Wethersfield. I could probably make that using 100% charge and back roads.

You might want to contact GE Industrial Systems in Plainville (centrally located) and see if you could hold it there. They have on beautiful solar charging carport there.

http://phys.org/news/2011-05-plainville-conn-solar-carport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garrytman said:
You might want to contact GE Industrial Systems in Plainville (centrally located) and see if you could hold it there. They have on beautiful solar charging carport there.

http://phys.org/news/2011-05-plainville-conn-solar-carport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Gary,

I scoped out the GE site (drove ICE because I might not have made it back with Leaf). There are 2 sections to the charging stations in Plainville - There are many chargers under the Solar awning, but all of those require some type of card access. There are 3 or 4 units near the street and those look like they do not require card access. I went in (on Satruday) and asked the security guard if the charges were open to the public and he said no, not at this time.

My guess is that you could get access to the chargers near the street. I might be willing to risk it for myself but wouldn't want to put someone else at risk. Agree that it would be wise to get prior approval to make sure they're available.

If so, there's a restuarant down the block.

Any else have info on the GE Plainville chargers?

Wow i guess i'm lucky as I've charged 4 or more times there.

Yes they can be fitted with RFID cards they at this time are not all you need to do is drive up and charge.

No one has asked me any questions or said anything to me and my car was there for 6 hours last time on a saturday.

anyways i will be sending an e-mail out to them at that is where i want to hold this event

hollandpatrick said:
Wow i guess i'm lucky as I've charged 4 or more times there.

Yes they can be fitted with RFID cards they at this time are not all you need to do is drive up and charge.

No one has asked me any questions or said anything to me and my car was there for 6 hours last time on a saturday.

anyways i will be sending an e-mail out to them at that is where i want to hold this event

OK, good to know we can use it to charge.

Back