Couple owns Nebraska's first Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

Buying Leaf is still a big news
Roger and Nicole Paulman on Friday became the owners of an “ocean blue,” all-electric Nissan Leaf, the first sold and delivered in Nebraska. To finally get the keys to their environmentally friendly Leaf was a welcome end to a plodding, two-year process that involved a waiting list to get the new, $38,000 sedan.
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120512/NEWS01/305129985/-1

The stupid comments and ridicule i see on that article is very appaling. It is a reflection of the current climate and attitude of most people in the US.

mkjayakumar said:
The stupid comments and ridicule i see on that article is very appaling. It is a reflection of the current climate and attitude of most people in the US.

I don't really think it reflects the attitude of most people. I've just not encountered more than 1 or 2 people in real-life that are anti-ev. But on the internet they seem to come out of the woodwork. I have posted about this phenomenon before. I actually think they have organized efforts to find any new stories on electric vehicles and poison the comments.

Perhaps we should start a similar campaign. Every time there is a news story we should post it here in a special thread and just jump on it. That way we can have some positive, truthful, and informative comments in these stories instead of all the idiots. I've been thinking of trying to create a standard reply. Instead of typing more or less the same thing over and over again. That way all I have to do is jump on the site, and past my reply in there. I need to keep it short, maybe 3 paragraphs or less. And just address all of the usual idiotic statements that are always made.

Thank you MyNissanLEAF owners for helping out with this! I sold this car and had the World Herald do this news story. I appreciated your help on the comments on Omaha.com.

Adam Ciochetto
EV Sales Woodhouse Nissan

aciochetto said:
Thank you MyNissanLEAF owners for helping out with this! I sold this car and had the World Herald do this news story. I appreciated your help on the comments on Omaha.com.

Adam Ciochetto
EV Sales Woodhouse Nissan

I'm in Omaha as well, and Adam sold me my Leaf as well. I wasn't the first in Omaha, but on the short list of Leaf-ers here in Nebraska.

Now will somebody turn off the intense heat!! Omaha is now the new Phoenix... Sooo many 100+ days in a row. Bleech!

adric22 said:
I don't really think it reflects the attitude of most people. I've just not encountered more than 1 or 2 people in real-life that are anti-ev. But on the internet they seem to come out of the woodwork. I have posted about this phenomenon before. I actually think they have organized efforts to find any new stories on electric vehicles and poison the comments.

I am surprised to hear you say this, being in Texas. Maybe I'm interpreting the giggles and rolled eyes as"anti-EV" but I've gotten a fair bit of it and I've only had my LEAF a few weeks. I personally think that the LEAF gets less because despite being a little funky/radical on the design side, it doesn't look too much different from a Versa or Rogue (for good reason). In themselves, they are a little funky but I think the car seems a little more ubiquitous than less.

Back