Dealer called me today all frantic that one signature was

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

missing from Nissan LEAF Customer Disclosure Form

They wanted to fax it to me, I don't have a fax machine.

Their scanner just died and they were willing to drive the form to me 26 miles away to have me sign it!

Are they going to get in trouble?

Will I get free battery changes for life?

What would you do?, just sign it or tell them to go to hell?

If I don't sign it will they come take my LEAF away?

This is the doc: http://www.s4l.co/oops.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They filled out the forms and signed their two lines, I was supposed to sign the two Acknowledged by: lines, but I only signed the bottom right one. the top right one was blank.

Sal

It's just Nissan's way of making sure the dealer has explained to you all the limitations of the car so they don't get sued by uninformed buyers. If you don't sign it, they won't take your car. I would ignore them, personally. There's no benefit to you signing that form after you have already purchased the vehicle.

This is funny to me.
I ordered my Leaf back in 2011, and I got the first Delivered Leaf by my dealer,and the first Leaf in my area.
And truth be told, I saw it arrive on the truck at 6am one day while taking my son to school, and I camped out waiting for the dealer to open.

I "pressured" the dealer to just take the money, and hand me the keys, and I was driving it by the end of the day.

I found this "packet" stuck under the passenger seat days later, and just put it in my "Leaf File".
Never signed anything.

Found the whole process of buying this car really surreal.
Always felt like they were doing me a favor.
Finding a way around the whole "AV EVSE" process, having to waive the "site visit" etc.
Just weird.

So the dealer might get in trouble. Usually I would just sign it. It just seemed strange how they were going to drive 26 miles to my house for one signature. Seemed like it's really important.

kubel said:
It's just Nissan's way of making sure the dealer has explained to you all the limitations of the car so they don't get sued by uninformed buyers. If you don't sign it, they won't take your car. I would ignore them, personally. There's no benefit to you signing that form after you have already purchased the vehicle.

It's their fault and they screwed up, try ask for something for cleaning their axx

for a reguler cars, some dealer would give free oil change and fill gas, for LEAF you just have to think what to ask, if they really need your help, they'll give to you

Lasareath said:
So the dealer might get in trouble. Usually I would just sign it. It just seemed strange how they were going to drive 26 miles to my house for one signature. Seemed like it's really important.

how important is it to you to do your job right?

hsujohn said:
It's their fault and they screwed up, try ask for something for cleaning their axx

for a reguler cars, some dealer would give free oil change and fill gas, for LEAF you just have to think what to ask, if they really need your help, they'll give to you
I disagree strongly with you, hsujohn. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? There's too much of this "gimme something for nothing" crap going around these days. :(

derkraut said:
hsujohn said:

I disagree strongly with you, hsujohn. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? There's too much of this "gimme something for nothing" crap going around these days. :(

+1!

derkraut said:
Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? There's too much of this "gimme something for nothing" crap going around these days. :(
I agree with the sentiment, but dealerships are the last place you'd find honesty and integrity. Same thing happened to us. Someone from the dealership called us and said he had good news about our LEAF and needed us to come in. When we did, he admitted that he lied and it was just to sign another form they forgot about.
That totally changed my perception of an otherwise great lease experience to a typical lying what they can get away with experience. Same folks are now lying to us about lease rates giving us dramatically different rates within a couple of weeks.

dm33 said:
derkraut said:
Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? There's too much of this "gimme something for nothing" crap going around these days. :(
I agree with the sentiment, but dealerships are the last place you'd find honesty and integrity. Same thing happened to us. Someone from the dealership called us and said he had good news about our LEAF and needed us to come in. When we did, he admitted that he lied and it was just to sign another form they forgot about.
That totally changed my perception of an otherwise great lease experience to a typical lying what they can get away with experience. Same folks are now lying to us about lease rates giving us dramatically different rates within a couple of weeks.

sorry about your situation but I fail to see that as justification to screw dealers over in general. In the OP's case they made a mistake; a small one and readily admitted it. If I were the OP, I would not have expected any more than that. The dealership was upfront and honest about it and it was a minor oversight, nothing more.

the thought of compensation or making them "jump thru hoops" is really pathetic

Back