Defective Shock Absorber

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugg

During the first month of ownership I noticed a small oil spot on the driveway under where I park. I wrote it off as being a remnant of my old ICE vehicle. Over the course of weeks, I have developed a significant clunk from the rear end of the Leaf when going over bumps or rough road.

Curiosity eventually prevailed and I crawled under the car only to discover a sopping wet shock absorber on the rear drivers side... Lo and Behold, I had a leaking shock absorber! I contacted my dealer the next morning and the parts department told me that they could 'try' to order a replacement but they had no idea whatsoever about when the order might be fulfilled... Come on guys, its just a shock absorber, not some specialized EV part!

So, its been a week since the shock was 'ordered' and no word from the dealer. The clunk is only getting worse (or at least more annoying!).

Has anyone else had this issue? Are the shock absorbers on the Leaf really that 'special'?

Back