Delivery 'week of' date vs the pick up date?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idashark

Hey folks,
Work has me out of the Seattle area for the month of August when my Leaf should be delivered. I can put in for vacation time and book flights back to Seattle, but I'm hesitant to do this without more info on when.

Currently my account page shows delivery for the Week of August 5 2011.

It has moved from 8/5/2011 to 8/2/2011 to 8/4/2011 and now back to 8/5/2011. The site says this date +/- 7 days and then a few days for dealer prep.

So I'm asking what is the experience of other people.

How close to the delivery date was your pick up date?

TIA

idashark said:
Hey folks,
Work has me out of the Seattle area for the month of August when my Leaf should be delivered. I can put in for vacation time and book flights back to Seattle, but I'm hesitant to do this without more info on when.
Well, my original delivery date was in the "month of hell," April, and my car was delivered approx. 5 weeks after that. It showed up a week before the last date my dashboard showed. In your shoes, I'd just talk to the dealer and have them ready to hold onto the car until you can get there to take delivery. I took a 3 week trip when my car was to arrive, and that's what I set up, although it ended up that the car didn't show while I was gone (or for another two weeks :roll: ). My dealer was very accommodating when I asked. Then either wait until your trip is over (what I would do), or arrange your vacation flight after you know the car is there.

idashark said:
It has moved from 8/5/2011 to 8/2/2011 to 8/4/2011 and now back to 8/5/2011. The site says this date +/- 7 days and then a few days for dealer prep.
Mine did the same little bobble with the dates and then came in early. But that was in February... :D

My "week of" was moved up a week earlier than originally stated when it was a few weeks away, then actually arrived a week earlier than that even. This was in early June.

idashark said:
Hey folks,

TIA

Idashark - my status still shows 'Month of August 2011'. How long ago did yours change to the 'week of August XX' ? I'm just curious to know how far away mine is...

idashark said:

So I'm asking what is the experience of other people.

While I was totally unable to follow this advice myself ;) I would urge you to ignore the wildly-vacillating "Week of" changes. The only thing that really means anything is the email you get a week before delivery -- and it is reliably 6-7 days later that the dealer calls you to come down and get the car. My delivery date actually wound up being very close to the first "Week of" notice, so all of the swings (and mine went out/back a couple of weeks, from late March to mid-April) was just wasted angst.

Mine was moved backwards a month because of the tsunami, then moved up 2 weeks. Then the dealer called me the week before it was supposed to arrive. I wasn't ready for it, so I didn't pick it up until the next week, anyway.

Back