Does anybody fix broken public charging stations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgate1234

A ChargePoint charger near me (in the movie theater parking garage in Redwood City, for all of you Bay Area people) has been out of service for more than 2 weeks with a GFI error. Does anybody ever fix these things, or are the charging networks more interested in installing new stations than maintaining what they have?

Did you report the problem to Chargepoint? They answered my query and fixed a couple of charging stations that were "stuck in provisioning".

Stoaty said:
Did you report the problem to Chargepoint? They answered my query and fixed a couple of charging stations that were "stuck in provisioning".

The security guard said that ChargePoint was notified right away, Also, ChargePoint monitors its charging stations electronically though, curiously, their electronic map says the station is available.

Customer and Technical Support
Toll Free: +1-888-758-4389
[email protected]
(from: http://www.coulombtech.com/about-contact.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Ask them what the status is on that charger.

Name: CITY OF REDWOOD / DOWNTOWNCINEMA2
Address: 800-898 Jefferson Ave, Redwood City, California 94063, United States
Description: Redwood City Downtown Cinema Complex
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772
Price: Free

Name: CITY OF REDWOOD / DOWNTOWN CINEMA
Address: 855 Jefferson Ave, Redwood City, California 94063, United States
Description: Redwood City Downtown Cinema Complex
Status as of: 2011-09-23 22:49:36 (PDT)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Unrestricted
Action: Get Directions
Price: Free

http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We had a ChargePoint EVSE with an error message that a "relay stuck closed". I called the 888 phone number and reported the problem and nothing happened for a few weeks. I sent an email to [email protected] and it was back operational the next day.

To their credit, here in Seattle, Ecotality has been fairly on-top of the charger issues with any installed Blink commercial units. They've got two representatives in the local LEAF owners group on Facebook, as well, who've tracked if anyone reports a broken or malfunctioning charger there but doesn't report it to Blink directly. In addition, in my experience, they've been pretty good about replying promptly when you use the 'Contact Support' link in the Blink app on iPhone or Android.

Back