Does anyone have the Bose upgrade on the 2013?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to the system in my 2012 it definitely has more presence and bass. I turn up the stereo now whereas I didn't bother before. My wife is going to love it, I'm sure. I'm assuming the standard 2013 system is the same as in the 12s.

I've heard audiophiles not caring much for Bose sound but it's a huge improvement compared to the standard system, IMO. I noticed it immediately.

There is no comparison. I looked at an S with stock stereo and an SV with Premium package. The Premium sound system is much better. Deeper bass, better midrange, "cleaner" sound overall. The dealer made sure to show me the power amp behind the back seats.

2013 SV I leased 3/11 has Bose system. Didn't think it would - but as we ordered a particular color SV (vs. having to wait for months for the exact spec SV with QC and LED), it was "take what you get" - no QC and no LED headlights. I was pleased to see the Bose, and it really does have great audio IMO as compared with, say, my 2004 Honda Pilot's factory audio - it is slightly better. Compared with my Dodge Dakota's $700 Kenwood/Fosgate component system (with powered subwoofer) it's not quite as well-defined highs and of course doesn't have the impact of bass - but the truck is so noisy as compared with the Leaf, Ireally prefer the Leaf's Bose sound overall.
Unfortunately I cannot comment on the Leaf's standard audio since I have not tried one out. If I do, I'll update my post. And, yes, I do not like the intrusion of the Bose cabinet into the rear cargo area, but I can live with it since I really do enjoy the sound and I don't ever need to carry much cargo, just a few groceries (that's what the truck is for... how about an EV pickup Nissan??)

LEAFfan said:
That piece takes up valuable space in the trunk and I would much rather have the extra room than some extra bass.
As you can see, it doesn't really take up much space. Much less than the hump in the 2011-2012 cars.
2013LEAF-cargo-area.jpg

Because of the heat, I have a big 'igloo' that holds more than two bags of groceries and it fits neatly against the back seats between the two humps. It wouldn't work nearly as well otherwise.

I've driven the 13 with and without Bose. IMO they both sounded better than my 11. The Bose was definitely the best, but even the 13 non-Bose seemed to have a more clear, less muddy, less distorted, sound to it.

kovalb said:
I've driven the 13 with and without Bose. IMO they both sounded better than my 11. The Bose was definitely the best, but even the 13 non-Bose seemed to have a more clear, less muddy, less distorted, sound to it.

+1 on the 2013 Standard Stereo.

Back