Don't forget to Plug Me in Tonight!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i get home from work. I plug in.
nothing to remember or forget.

It turns out that I check sometime in the evening after 8 (base rate start)_ -- I still am curious after 4 months -- to see if it is blinking.

I'm sure everyone knows that there is a setting in Carwings that will send a SMS or email when N minutes after power off the car has not been plugged and the car is at a specific geographic location. Setting it up is a combination of your "My Nissan.com" portal settings and Carwings settings in the car.

I set that up for my wife, in addition to the note on the garage door. The SMS message seems to be a good backup for when she ignores the note going into the house.

Hopefully redundancy of notification will help her to remember to plug-in.

This is exactly what I want. I wish someone at Nissan was listening, because this should be a simple feature to add.

Brian

Packet said:
TomT said:
It can be set to send the message at a given interval (I choose 10 minutes) after you are near your home charger but not plugged in...
I still want more conditions than that, honestly. I want it to be something like, 'if it is after 9:30pm and I am under 80% charge and I am near my home charger but not plugged in, text me a reminder.'

From a third-party standpoint (since we can't get at the location data easily, but CAN write stuff to pull the data from the Carwings portal), even just 'if it is after 9:30 and I am under 80% charge and I am not plugged in, text me a reminder' would be sufficient.

Back