DTC U1232 0108

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theds

I installed the LEAF Spy Pro and tried to read the DTC on my new 2014 SV and got this code:

U1232 0108 MULTI AV St Angle Sen Calib AV-88

It sounded to me like a problem of compass calibration. But I have found no information on how (or whether it is needed) to calibrate the compass.

Anyone knows more about this DTC and how to correct it?

I think that is the steering wheel angle (or position) sensor calibration. Did you disconnect the 12-volt battery recently? If so, the error condition should clear after you turn the steering wheel to full lock in both directions (it may take a couple of times being turned to full lock in each direction). The DTC will remain until it is reset. If you see the back up guide lines on the camera view move as you turn the steering wheel, the sensor is working.

Gerry

Fascinating, and thanks!

I've never disconnected the 12v battery, but it may have happened at the dealership during the software update, a long time ago. I do see the backup camera lines move appropriately as I steer in reverse so I guess the system is working well. I'll try the full turns from side-to-side to see what happens and then reset the DTC.

Thanks again...learned something here today!

Back