ECO mode vs. D mode on highway question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
[Soapbox mode on]Again, I have to refute this. There is NO credible evidence from ANY tire expert or manufacturer that such is the case. Just the opposite in fact. Telling people to go over the maximum rated pressure for any tire is simply dangerous. What's more, for a dramatically reduced safety margin, you get very little payback in return. If you want to do it yourself, fine, but don't tell others, who might not understand the negative ramifications, to do so as if it is gospel...[Soapbox mode off]
Herm said:
Of course all this is moot if you leave range on the table by not inflating your tires to the max pressure printed on the sidewalls.. you can go a bit higher since there are vast safety margins built into radial tires.

+1! Five pounds over (41) the listed car's pressure (36) is safe. Anything higher, handling and braking are affected, not to mention that you will wear the tires more in the middle.

Back