Eco Rankings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefe

So I was poking around the owner portal/nissanconnect ev and was looking through the eco rankings.
I was all patting myself on the back for getting platinum, averaging 5.0 m/kwh and then I looked at the regional rankings, where I am #5,638 and saw that the regional champion averages 20.1 m/kwh. WHAT?!?!?! How is that even possible?!?

reset your numbers and drive 12 mph with no AC / no heat / no lights / no radio and see how crazy high the numbers go.

Leafspy occasionally shows me negative numbers or numbers in the hundreds of miles per kwh if I've gone down a hill at the start of a low speed trip.

Really they should show average speed or weed out numbers above some reasonable limit. Of course if they did people would still game it to get exactly what the maximum allows...

It's easy, though I would imagine annoying to the drivers behind you. I got this with the font wheels jacked off the ground, only took about 20 miles to achieve after a reset and setting the cruise to 30 mph :D

file.php

I imagine some of these are folks whose home and destination are at markedly different elevations. In that situation all you'd have to do is turn off carwings for the uphill drives and leave it on for the downhill ones.

Anytime there's a "leaderboard" online for anything, some people will go out of their way to game it.

Back