EV Focus Grp in So Calif - STUDY OVER - The Aftermath...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
z0ner said:
She called me yesterday with a Sunday slot that opened up, so I'm in. Phil, you weren't 86'd were you? :lol:

Nope, I have a 2:30 pm slot on Sunday. Thanks for the concern, z0ner. If I had been 86'd there'd be no LOL about it, though... :evil:

Interesting, as I also have a 2:30pm slot... The plot thickens! I haven't received an email yet with the details, tho.

z0ner said:
Interesting, as I also have a 2:30pm slot... The plot thickens! I haven't received an email yet with the details, tho.

Maybe they have more than one interviewer at a time. I did receive the email with directions, details.

I just got a call with the bad news that I'm shafted out of this study. It turns out that I did a focus group two days ago at the same location on the same vehicle, so the client caught the fact that my name was in both groups and kicked me out.

The bad news is that they were only paying $100 for the one that I did, so I'll miss out on the $250 for this one.

Yeah, I'm bummed. I sort of thought that this might happen, since both groups were at the same location and within a few days of each other. In hindsight, I should have asked. If I'd done that, I would have asked to be bumped from the first one.

Oh well, I guess it's not in the cards for me to be able to live on the payments from these events. :lol:

I'm glad that some of my friends here are getting to do the study, though. :)

Boomer23 said:
I just got a call with the bad news that I'm shafted out of this study. It turns out that I did a focus group two days ago at the same location on the same vehicle, so the client caught the fact that my name was in both groups and kicked me out.

The bad news is that they were only paying $100 for the one that I did, so I'll miss out on the $250 for this one.

Yeah, I'm bummed. I sort of thought that this might happen, since both groups were at the same location and within a few days of each other. In hindsight, I should have asked. If I'd done that, I would have asked to be bumped from the first one.

Oh well, I guess it's not in the cards for me to be able to live on the payments from these events. :lol:

Send them my name and tell them I'd be happy to do their study! (although they ignored my inital email, so I won't hold my breath.) :mrgreen:

Jimmydreams said:
Boomer23 said:

Send them my name and tell them I'd be happy to do their study! (although they ignored my inital email, so I won't hold my breath.) :mrgreen:

I'll do that, Jim.

Boomer23 said:
Jimmydreams said:

I'll do that, Jim.

I suggested that she include you or 1051 (Mitch), but she said that she already had to fill the spot with someone that was "on hold". :( Well, maybe that was one of "us", though.

Thanks Phil, I actually sent her a second e mail yesterday without a reply again, I guess it isn't ment hopeful talk to you tomorrow morning at HTB

Done with mine. Sparky ended up being in the session with me. Had to sign a NDA, so I can't tell you who it was for or what it was about. But if you Google AutoPacific; Linda Nicholes; and August 21, you should be able to figure it out who it was for at least.

mwalsh said:
Done with mine. Sparky ended up being in the session with me. Had to sign a NDA, so I can't tell you who it was for or what it was about. But if you Google AutoPacific; Linda Nicholes; and August 21, you should be able to figure it out who it was for at least.

Okay, now I'm completely confused. The car that my group was focused on two days ago wasn't that one, yet I was bumped "by the client" because I was already interviewed. Very strange.

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Okay, now I'm completely confused. The car that my group was focused on two days ago wasn't that one, yet I was bumped "by the client" because I was already interviewed. Very strange.

You mean your car wasn't small and Italian?

Nope, it was larger, roller imported from China, electrics installed on our west coast, costs more than a Volt, has 150% of the battery capacity of LEAF and has the same number of letters as the car you saw today.

Boomer23 said:
Nope, it was larger, roller imported from China, electrics installed on our west coast, costs more than a Volt, has 150% of the battery capacity of LEAF and has the same number of letters as the car you saw today.

Ah! Well that's not the same at all! But I'd like to drive one of those too!

Boomer23 said:
I suggested that she include you or 1051 (Mitch), but she said that she already had to fill the spot with someone that was "on hold". :( Well, maybe that was one of "us", though.

I'm pretty sure I know who that on-hold dude is.

I just wrote back to Cynthia, given that the two cars are different. Suffice to say, it's complicated, and it doesn't make any difference. It has something to do with sources of lists of names. I still don't completely understand it, but hey, waddya gonna do?

mwalsh said:

Haha.. you wouldn't do well with a security clearance. In our world, giving that kind of info is the same thing as giving the secret itself :)

Back