EV Focus Grp in So Calif - STUDY OVER - The Aftermath...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that was definitely mine and the "lurker's"' respectively. Letticco's wife had to drive their Prius since she came from Santa Clarita :eek: I dont think I have any bias, but why in the study was the LEAF superior in every way? :D

z0ner said:
Not only did we complete our focus group quickly, we got out on time. Because we were all LEAF owners may have had something to do with it ;) One lady was lettico's wife, and the other was a MNL lurker -a "forgotten" Sept/Oct orderer who just got her LEAF (ordered SL but happily settled for an SV). On the way down there I ran into my first LEAF in "the wild". We were trying to have a compressed conversation on Irvine Blvd and some faster drivers weren't too appreciative :lol:

Thanks go to Boomer for the heads-up.

JPVLeaf and I were quick in our surveys, the third person in our group owned two of the three vehicles in the survey but took the most time on both of those vehicles. He was the one that held us up. He then declared that he would have totally been willing to do it for free and didn't need the money, JPVLeaf and I both looked at each other like, well if he doesn't need it and he kept us late on a Saturday night, maybe he should share :lol:

And yes Boomer, you totally got screwed out of not being able to be a part of this focus group.

~Dave

I'd like to thank Boomer as well, I enjoyed it, and the extra cash will come in handy this week on vacation with the family. I saw Mike's car in the parking lot when I got out; and Sparky was in the waiting room. Our session took about 3 hours since I started a few minuted early and then had to wait quite a while for the other 2 to participate in the end group discussion.

Just a quick shout out to KeiJidosha. He actually was the one who first posted about this study on our So Cal LEAF Branch thread. I just happened to pick up on it and was asked to spread the word by Cynthia.

Boomer23 said:
Just a quick shout out to KeiJidosha. He actually was the one who first posted about this study on our So Cal LEAF Branch thread. I just happened to pick up on it and was asked to spread the word by Cynthia.
I kind of wonder how long this group has been doing EV surveys. My wife actually went a couple weeks before all of us, and her survey involved different cars. On my evening, there was a Leaf, a Fiat, and the (non-EV) Volt. Driving by the place on the way home from work, I'd previously seen an iMev on multiple ocasions. So it would appear Mitsubishi's EV has been the subject matter at some point. The Chinese Coda was the subject matter, back when my wife did the survey. BTW, her opinion of the Coda? The kindest comment she made about the Coda was that it was like sitting in an early 1970's era Corola ... style wise, and its non-solid feel - fwiw.
It never dawned on me to mention the surveys to the group back when we found out, so I apologize for being too thick and thank boomer too for picking up the slack of my short comming.
:oops:

hill said:
Driving by the place on the way home from work, I'd previously seen an iMev on multiple ocasions. So it would appear Mitsubishi's EV has been the subject matter at some point. The Chinese Coda was the subject matter, back when my wife did the survey. .

The iMiev was out back when I was there too.

It's a bit weird. It seems that they may just interchange the small Italian car, the Coda, and the iMiev. Being as boomer didn't see a small Italian car at his focus group previously and yet they wouldn't take him for ours. I wonder what the point of that is? Are they working for each company? Or are these vehicles red-herrings, and just maybe it's someone else (GM or Nissan?) who is actually the client?

mwalsh said:
hill said:
Driving by the place on the way home from work, I'd previously seen an iMev on multiple ocasions. So it would appear Mitsubishi's EV has been the subject matter at some point. The Chinese Coda was the subject matter, back when my wife did the survey. .

The iMiev was out back when I was there too.

It's a bit weird. It seems that they may just interchange the small Italian car, the Coda, and the iMiev. Being as boomer didn't see a small Italian car at his focus group previously and yet they wouldn't take him for ours. I wonder what the point of that is? Are they working for each company? Or are these vehicles red-herrings, and just maybe it's someone else (GM or Nissan?) who is actually the client?

Interesting musing, Mike. I assume that it was AutoPacific that was "the client" that bumped me. I doubt that GM could have gotten their hands on a (insert Italian car substitute words here) for such a purpose. I'm thinking that AutoPacific is doing a multi-car EV study at this point and is sharing their findings with several paying mfrs, so having a participant at two of their sessions would have been redundant.

However, from what I hear about the second session that you guys did, there wasn't much overlap of subject matter. A large part of the discussion at the (electrified Chinese sedan) session that I attended last Wednesday was about our opinions on four different scenarios for sales and distribution of an EV.

Although I should not say which cars were involved, there were tasks to perform and then evaluate. There were outside and inside the vehicle tasks, then web-based and smart-phone based tasks. After completing each task, we answered survey-type questions about the task.

After we had all finished the tasks, there was a group interview, recorded, for more in-depth comments about specific subjects, and our general thoughts.

Back