EVs Enhanced battery pack option for New Zealanders, other markets too?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dala said:
I am a little annoyed at EVs Enhanced. I put a comment on their youtube video "Glad to see you're using the open source .DBC file 🙂 Looking forward to any contributions to it!"

They promptly deleted my comment.

Huh. That is the kind of comment I would make if I was happy, not angry like you.
But it sounds like your intended message was heard. And of course you are right. Would a GNU license work better for you ?

Hm, that pretty much does it for me then, I'll avoid working with them for the time being as well then. That's not really an acceptable way of addressing one of the largest contributors to the reverse engineering effort.

Being in the process of searching for investors or any other business reason like that is no grounds for sweeping prior art under the rug. I've got investors as well, they are well aware of the fact that part of the reverse engineering on the Leaf was already done by the time I started - by people like Turbo3 and Gary Giddings. Our technology is unpatented partly for that reason.

MikeinPA said:
I wonder if the "blades" will be populated before shipping to US, or whether it makes more sense to have the parts shipped to an assembly point for integration?

That would certainly make a great deal of sense, assuming the design accommodates it. Since the cells themselves most certainly are made in China, it makes little practical sense to ship difficult to transport lithium cells to NZ, then ship them again to North America and Europe. If the cells, even if they're bespoke, could be joined where the packs are being installed, it would make a lot more sense. Of course, I can see issues of QC, logistics, and training (especially given travel to/from NZ in this time of COVID is highly restricted).

Back