EVSE/AV waiver - anyone done it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defiancecp

So I've been going back and forth between dealer and Nissan this morning, trying to track down an AV Waiver. Nissan says the waiver is not available (to anyone) yet, but I thought some here had already done the waiver. Can anyone who has successfully done the waiver give me some info on how you did it?

Thanks!

-Richard

I'm going to have a hard time using AV as their quote is more then $1000 over what I can get done locally.

I'm also going to have a hard time signing any type of waiver that would diminish any of the car warranty (if that is part of the waiver, as has been rumored) for a vehicle that uses an industry standard for charging. So I'm very curious to see exactly what is in said waiver....

I had the crazy $10k quote (they say due to needing an upgrade from 100A to 200A panel), so there's no way I'm using AV. I'm getting solar panels installed in the next several weeks, and they're including the 100A to 200A panel upgrade in my PV panel pricing for no extra charge. Take that AV!

I'll definitely be signing a waiver. It better not effect my warranty.

i don't understand why this waiver wasn't built into the dashboard. If your'e a Sept. order and haven't had an assessment, this could potentially prevent you from placing an RAQ in the system. Start calling Nissan and get it straightened out today!

Ok - few more bounce-arounds (between this and my address issues I think I've spoken to 20 people today, some multiple times :p ) and it looks like the only waiver is with aerovironment, they will allow you to purchase only the evse for $7xx+shipping (can't remember exactly) and the waiver changes the EVSE warranty from 3yr everything to 3yr parts only. Seems perfectly reasonable - BUT - this has no impact whatsoever on the leaf ordering site, so if you're stuck on the assessment it still won't work.

Anyway, the AV waiver will be distributed later (not ready yet), when all the people on the no-installation list are able to buy the EVSEs.

Getting past nissan's web snafu is a whole different story, though.

The lady I spoke to at AV said nissan had assured them this would not get in the way of ordering, and said she would get in touch with them to try and get it straightened out. Not sure if that means anything, but hopefully now they're hearing this both from customers and from vendors.

When I went through the order training, Nissan said you can obtain a waiver by calling in the customer care number, explaining your situation, and then they'll mark you down and you'll be able to order. Interesting to see that this isn't the case...

I have talked to Nissan 3 times about not having an AV assessment,
and been assured that it would not hold up ordering.

But, it IS keeping some from RFQ and ordering, right?

Call 1-877-664-2738 for LEAF Customer Service.

Back