EVSE charging cable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafstudy

Hi again,

I run EVSE cable from power outlet in my garage to drive-way to charge Leaf.

I notice that the power cable tends to bend when I leave it for overnight charging due to the garage door...putting a little cushion doesn't seem to help. I'm sure others have experienced this and would like to know how to fix this....given the nozzle, it would need a bit hole in the wall...how are other Leaf owners doing it?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I used two pieces of 2x4, on edge under the door, with a gap between them just large enough for the EVSE cable. I cut them so the entire space under the door was covered.

You could chisel out a groove in the concrete, where the door rests, large enough for the cable to pass under without getting pinched.

Valdemar said:
Perhaps it is time to clean out the garage and park the Leaf on the other side of the door?
One of the perks of getting a LEAF 43 months ago was it forced cleaning out the garage.
Both vehicles park inside the garage since :D :D

Post subject: Re: EVSE charging cable Reply with quote
Valdemar wrote:
Perhaps it is time to clean out the garage and park the Leaf on the other side of the door?

One of the perks of getting a LEAF 43 months ago was it forced cleaning out the garage.
Both vehicles park inside the garage since :D :D

I built a new garage, there's no way I could ever get the other one cleaned out.

Of course, it's too small. :cry:

LeftieBiker said:
I used two pieces of 2x4, on edge under the door, with a gap between them just large enough for the EVSE cable. I cut them so the entire space under the door was covered.

I have almost the exact same setup! Been working great for the last 1.5 years.

Bateman said:
LeftieBiker said:

I have almost the exact same setup! Been working great for the last 1.5 years.

Yes, and you can make the door lock-able if you drill a hole or two. It does let more cold air in, though, at the top of the door.

Back