Exhaust Tip On A LEAF??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1618090.jpg

Nubo said:
Maybe 2 big exhausts, with corks in them? I could go for that. :lol:

how about bananas in the tailpipe

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BananaInTheTailpipe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the cork more but some people might think the banana would be funnier.

Maybe he did the ole electric to gas engine swap? I mean people convert ICE cars to electric all the time, why not the other way around... :lol:

turbo2ltr said:
Maybe he did the ole electric to gas engine swap? I mean people convert ICE cars to electric all the time, why not the other way around... :lol:
So..... That's one way out of the battery replacement "deal"

essaunders said:
turbo2ltr said:
So..... That's one way out of the battery replacement "deal"
Wow, ICE conversions for used LEAFs. I think the universe will never be the same ;-)

I was thinking about this on the way home yesterday. It's interesting how "programmed" we are to associate large exhaust with motive power. A few cars and motorcycles are attractive to their target markets because they vibrate and make loud exhaust sounds. Personally, I preferred the turbine hum of the Mazda RX-8 rotary - the sound of efficient power to my ear.

So, in jest, maybe there's an opportunity to use the pedestrian warning system to make the LEAF sound powerful? Sound effects keyed to power output, subwoofer under the hood...

There's a precedent -- the fake hood scoops and intakes some cars have had.

Back