Feb 26th Sac area gathering in Elk Grove - final headcount?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, it looks like we're all going on different days - I have reserved the 10am slot on Sat the 30th. Anybody else going around that time?

Amit

Visual said:
Darn, it looks like we're all going on different days - I have reserved the 10am slot on Sat the 30th. Anybody else going around that time?

Amit
I can't make it in the morning, but I'm signed up on Saturday at 1:30pm.

My work schedule changed so I will not make it on Friday to drive the Leaf. I was able to reschedule it for 3pm on Sunday. Anyone else here near that time?

We're scheduled for Friday at 10:00 am but rain is forecast. We'll probably still go, but if it's really pouring, we might skip it. Does anyone know if we can park in that same lot, or will the lot be closed due to this event?

Trying not to start another thread, but I'd like to revive the idea of a Sacramento area gathering, now that several of us have our Leafs - I know Leafer is up for it - anyone else?

We could meet in Elk Grove, since we know EG Nissan has a charger...but I can make it to downtown and back quite comfortably, so it'll be up to those who have farther to go.

I live in Lodi and could make it to Elk Grove. Let me know if this happens.

Richard

Lodi? That's just a hop and a skip from Elk Grove. I live 130+ miles away, a bit far for the Leaf I don't have yet, but I'd still love to meet some fellow enthusiasts. Actually, if you put it off until April, I'll hopefully have my dream car, and I would try to drive it there! I have a granddaughter living in Antioch, and a brother in Sacramento, so I think I could make it in five hops with three overnight stays.

I live in Stockton, but I likely won't receive my LEAF till May or so (ordered Oct. 25th), however I'd be interested in checking out other local LEAFs.

Lodi might be a good spot...some nice wineries there. Lucas comes to mind. I could make it there from Pleasanton, but the ride home might be interesting without a charge getting back over the Altamont.

I encourage you all to meet sooner rather than later. You will get to know a new LEAF "family", and be able to discuss the MANY things that are important to know BEFORE delivery. Give your Branch a chance to grow before it gets many LEAFs. :D

Here, the "SoCal" and San Diego Branches have been successful, well attended, and generally enjoyed by all. The SoCal Branch is in its 6th month of Gatherings!

The only complaints I have heard are:

1. The location is too far away. Some ride-sharing and location changing has worked well.

2. I am busy that Saturday, but I really want to attrend. We started having two meetings a month, the first "extra" meeting had just myself snd one other, and it was still a splendid success.

3. The table is not big enough. Pushing tables around at HTB easily gets 8 (sometimes 10, or even 12, at a HTB that has more "open" space) at one long table. Getting 16 to 20 in the Gathering, all at "one" table, is sometimes a challenge, but sometimes there is enough space for "creative" table-pushing.

If you are willing to do the VERY little it takes, become the first Branch Manager for your group.

When you have a first date, start a new thread (so that you can edit the thread's title as the months go by).

But first, pick a date, time, and place, and see if there is ANY interest here.

If you even get one favorable response, decide to go for it and see who shows up. The worst, you are there, perhaps with one/some of your wives or friends, and have a nice, quiet outing!
(Yes, I know, humanoid SO practices vary considerably.) :lol:

A central, flexible, warm, friendly, CONSENTING location is best.

Back