Feb 26th Sac area gathering in Elk Grove - final headcount?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think anyone interested is welcome. I think all of us want electric cars to succeed and the more interest and education about these great cars the better.

Richard

Visual,
It looks like you have plenty of interest for your first Gathering. It is GREAT that you are getting "others" with interest who want to attend. I found MANY will have questions.

Bring your "show and tell" stuff, like pictures, things Nissan sent (like the package with the color/fabric samples), etc.

I also brought "business card"-sized "info-cards" with Nissan's info (car name, NissanUSA web site) and a bit about the car, and our forum's web address. I give those to interested folks.

A Suggestion:
Edit this thread's first post to include the Gathering's:

Purpose of Gathering
Meering Highlights, if any, like:
(expected # of LEAFs in parking lot)
Gathering Theme, if any
(General Info, EVSEs, Any Questions)
Who is welcome
(usually: all, friendly, LEAF -interested or EV-curious, people)

Date and time and duration
Meet-Here Place Name
Gathering Place, if different
Type of facility, food, etc. to expect
Parking situation

Address of Meet-Here (& Gathering) Place(s)
Phone #, if somebody gets lost
Directions from nearby major freeway.

THEN, add a post at the end to refer back to the thread's first post. Perhaps copy and past the above details there.

Good Work!

I will try also to make the "Sacramento gathering" at Elk Grove, but sure wish it was more central city located....I am in W. Sacramento and have a morning regular obligation on Howe Ave, just north of Fair Oaks Blvd.

Then again, I will try to get to the gathering only IF my car actually arrives. My delivery date has been bouncing between 18-24 February and is back to 18 February, so ....I MIGHT actually have my glacier pearl SL with the QC option and floor mats. "Might" is the operational term, since I am one of the most, apparently, disgusted LEAF customers relative to all the delays in actually getting the cars to those of us who ordered on "Day 1."

Anyway, at least we have been enjoying our Volt, which now has a bit over 1400 miles cumulative and which took us on a nice "road trip" last week from Sacramento to Bodega Bay and then down to SF before returning to Sacramento. For our total mileage on the Volt, we are right now looking at 115 miles/gallon, and as most of our use is actually less than the 40 mile EV range each day...that miles driven vs gallons consumed total will only get bigger.

Of course our LEAF will see most commuting use and thus reduce greatly our annual fuel costs compared to our previous Toyota Prius and Camry Hybrid cars. I will be using the Coulomb chargepoint which was installed free with our Volt to actually charge the LEAF and use the 110 v cord to charge the Volt during PG&E TOU EV9 discounted rates; thus we can charge both cars at the same time and under those advantageous EV rate levels.

And our house is fully solar panel equipped so we project ZERO actual electricity annual cost for our house AND for charging both cars (our PV system overproduced last year and with TOU rates, the output to the grid during PEAK cost times should more than compensate for our TOU EV discount rate charge times, etc.).

GeorgeParrott said:
Then again, I will try to get to the gathering only IF my car actually arrives. My delivery date has been bouncing between 18-24 February and is back to 18 February, so ....I MIGHT actually have my glacier pearl SL with the QC option and floor mats. "Might" is the operational term, since I am one of the most, apparently, disgusted LEAF customers relative to all the delays in actually getting the cars to those of us who ordered on "Day 1."
Good luck! I'm expecting mine any day now too... I too have been "disappointed" with the delays, I wouldn't go so far as to say "disgusted". As long as it's < 6 months delay I think they're doing OK. I'd rather they get it right than rush and botch things badly. This launch is too important to the industry to screw up. Now that I'm expecting imminent delivery, all is forgiven! :p

GeorgeParrott said:
I will try also to make the "Sacramento gathering" at Elk Grove, but sure wish it was more central city located....I am in W. Sacramento and have a morning regular obligation on Howe Ave, just north of Fair Oaks Blvd.

Seems central to me. People coming from West Sac, Sac, Eldorado Hills, Galt, Lodi, Stockton, Angels Camp. I'm headed to Lathrop in the morning before heading up to Elk Grove. See you in the middle.

I'm not sure BJ's takes reservations but if they do I think if we can get an approximate head count it would be nice to get a reservation at BJs for about 12:30 and meet at the Elk Grove Nissan dealership at 12:00.

I also contacted the marketing person that called me and asked if they would send some promotional materials to hand out and send them to me. I'm hoping they can send some of the packet brochures with the paint chips and maybe even some thumb drives with the flash brochure.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Richard

Major bummer - I'd really like to join in and meet everyone. I'm going to be in Lincoln on that Saturday, but only have an hour break for lunch and it looks like just the round trip drive to Elk Grove is 1.5 hours.

Hope it's a great gathering - so much so that you plan another one that I will be able to attend.

I plan on being there. I'd love to see a discussion of the various home charging options on the agenda. I for one will be trickle charging from home and work until the chargers across the street from my worksite are upgraded.

Not sure if they will come but I did tell my brothers and Mom about the meet up. Mom will be 86 this year and put PV system on her house last year. Go, Mom!

We can't make this get together, but would like to attend a future event. Maybe in April when our Leaf arrives (reason to celebrate)! Anyone else in Folsom getting a Leaf? :D

Reserved on 4/20/10
Ordered on 10/30/10
Delivery April 2011

FYI, in case you didn't see it in another thread, I took delivery today! Me and my LEAF will definitely be there...

Looks like you might have a fairly large group.

1. You might want to check with the location to see if they can handle that large of a group at "prime time".

2. As a backup plan, you might want to identify a second nearby location just in case it is necessary (or desireable) to split the group to better fit the available space.

I am sorry to have missed this "Sac Leafers" discussion on the forum. I should be able to attend this meeting on 2/26/11. Thanks every one.

Sorry fellow Sacramentans, I thought I could make it to the Feb. 26 gathering, but my wife has booked us for that weekend...to the Big Island.

Next time?

Anyway, VIN #320 is home here in W. Sacramento; I am favorably impressed with the overall package, BUT found, when I tried to set the GPS to route me from our dealer in Petaluma to our home here in W. Sacramento, that our WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD does not exist on the GPS software. That makes the GPS detail at least 4 YEARS out of date. I wonder what other missing updates are lacking in that mapping software?

It appears that the LEAF-Nav, like the Prius-Nav, has had many "less-populated" areas at least partly-removed from the Nav database, presumably to save room.

The Prius actually displays the "full-coverage" areas, when you look at its Region maps.

Does the LEAF have a similar coverage-map feature?

I find this "pruning" of the more common "All USA Streets" maps to be the single MOST OBJECTIONAL feature of the Prius-Nav, where coverage is missing exactly where you need it the most!

If Nissan will NOT provide a 100% coverage Nav, I consider that a major STRIKE against the LEAF.

If their apparently-propritary SD card is 8 GB, and they really need 16 GB to do the Nav-map right, then ... just DO IT, Nissan!

Other handheld GPS Nav units get the whole USA 50 states, and Canada, with (up to) 12 million POI, in less than 2 GB, including more fully-featured software, in many (most) $200 (+/- $100) units.

No posts since the 18th. Is this gathering still on? If so where, and, how do we find each other?

Back