February orders - any open yet? and reservation date spread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reservation date was also 14 August, and etec is approved, dashboard not open yet for me in the Seattle area.

lc96 said:
Why would somebody with a reserve date of 8/30 open up before mine, 8/14??
San Diego? Ev Project? I figure they have 3000 more reservations to handle and just a few days left in February. The good news is we may all get cars by July rather than September.

lc96 said:
Yes, EV approved and it has said that on my account for a week.
Maybe that's it. Mine has shown approved for months. I doubt if they'd put San Diego ahead of Seattle since both are major launch cities. Maybe they drew up lists in the last few weeks. I had expected to see a lot of activity in this thread before my dashboard opened, and wonder if the bulk of the February orders are still to come or whether most of us "late early adopters" aren't MyNissanLeaf members.

My favorite speculation about dashboard ordering is that it just doesn't matter: because the months of a handful of cars here and there are past, and Nissan is about to flood the U.S. market with deliveries. One can hope, right? :roll:

I did call this afternoon. I was told that everything was in order with my account re: EV project, etc. but that she had no idea how/when individual orders are opened up. As long as it opens by then end of February, that's still what my account has always shown "order month Feb 11." :cry:

I placed an order this afternoon for a 9/8/2010 reservation. I received a welcome email from Nissan this morning informing that I could start submitting request for pricing from a local dealer. Around 1:30PM PST, I submitted a request for quote to a selected Nissan dealer and received pre-negotiated price in 15 minutes. The order was submitted around 1:45PM PST.

I'm an 8/27/2010 reservation and my dashboard still has not opened. I called Nissan yesterday and all they said was that my dashboard will open in February. They could not explain why people ahead of my reservation have been able to order and confirmed that there was nothing in my reservation that was holding it back.

Oh well, the wait continues...

Stranded...I chatted with Nissan online this morning, and "Jesse" said that it was delayed due to my Etec approval delay (approved 10 Feb) and the car needing to be shown to be etec trim. He couldn't tell me when it would open.

ic96, they gave you a lame excuse. I received my Etec dashboard update within a week of Ecotalitys approval. Ask to speak to a supervisor and if that doeasn`t get action tell the supervisor that you want to speak to a Tennesse Nissan executive.

Mine has not opened either and I'm not Etec.

They seemed to be delayed in general. Unless, by some miracle, they open all the remaining Feb dashboards in the next 2 hours, I think we'll be spilling into March... :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
So far not calling that 800 number again. I've been less than impressed with that experience.

Back