Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for Florida group FYI, my delivery date (Glacier Pearl SL) is "week of Dec. 2"

yep same here I am in Ft Laud so I guess we are both on the same ship whatever that may be.

Gotta say after 14 months of waiting I have never been so excited about a car, it is kinda ridiculous as it is only a bloody Nissan and not even a GT-r

But it will be cool driving a car that no one else has

Brightonuk said:
Hi Weatherman are you still shooting for a November 25 delivery?
Has it been confirmed yet
I called Weston up and they know as much as me when it comes to where my Leaf is...........ZERO

Whats going on with Larry at Weston I know you were not to happy last time have you managed to get a better deal?

I've been watching estimated arrival dates for the various VIN numbers on AutoNation's web site, and appears that the end of next week or the beginning of the following week still looks good for VINs in the 15700s.

I've given up on Larry. All he seems to do is read from a script and any deviation from the script just gets him confused. He doesn't seem to listen, or remember, anything I've told him or asked him over the past three months. I've concluded that I have no choice but to wait until delivery day to work out the details.

One thing for certain... they deserve absolutely nothing of the ridiculous $699 "dealer service fee" they like to tack on to every sale. If there's any insistence on keeping that fee, above the very generous profit they'll make on selling the car at MSRP, I'll walk away.

I've already stopped by CarMax to get an appraisal on my Prius. The price they offered was very good. There is a sales tax benefit to having Weston Nissan take my Prius as a trade-in, but they need to come within about 6% of CarMax's offer for it to make sense.

Bottom line... after all the time spent waiting around for the LEAF to be built, shipped and delivered, there's still a tremendous amount of work left to do, and it's, definitely, not a done deal, yet. All-in-all, a very disappointing experience, and I was one of the lucky ones who only had to wait three months from order to delivery.

It's funny how quickly one can become jaded (well, at least I can)... Having had mine for nearly 9 months now, and seeing at least one other every day in my travels these days (heck, two others regularly park in the lot where I work), I've come to think of it as "just" a neat car now... Which, in the overall scheme of things, is likely good!

Brightonuk said:
Gotta say after 14 months of waiting I have never been so excited about a car, it is kinda ridiculous as it is only a bloody Nissan and not even a GT-r.
But it will be cool driving a car that no one else has

OK strenth is in numbers is any one else using Weston Nissan as if we all kick up a stink regarding the "dealer service fee" we can all save $699 of of our price.

As for the vin mine is up at 16186 so I am sure it will not be a early suprise.

The CarMax deal, if you have the written offer contact before you pull the trigger try

http://wepaymoreauto.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are local and say they will beat the carmax offer by $1k I called them and am arranging them to look at the Audi this week.

I gotta say we took the wifes loaded Audi A6 in Mint condition to them and they lowballed us $8k under Kelly Blue Book so I think they live under the same rock as Maroone Nissan.

Anyone want an loaded Audi A6??

It's funny how quickly one can become jaded (well, at least I can)... Having had mine for nearly 9 months now, and seeing at least one other every day in my travels these days

Ya but one thing you missed one glaring point............."Florida" the state where we are last to get anything (The Leaf is not even on the HOV list)

There are only a few in my area that I know of, so I think we will have the coolist cars on South Beach for at least 6 months.

Hell they might even park it in the front of the club. Next to the Bugatti Veryon

Yep, I understand! Kind of like it was here in CA the first few months when they are also as rare...

Brightonuk said:
Ya but one thing you missed one glaring point............."Florida" the state where we are last to get anything (The Leaf is not even on the HOV list)

Carmax, actually, came in a little above Kelly Blue Book for my Prius. It was a pleasant surprise.

At the end of October, I brought my Prius in to Weston Nissan to get a "first guess" as to what they would offer. They proceeded to give me the standard b.s. about how Kelly Blue Book quotes were always way too high. They, then, offered me $2,000 (15%) less than the Kelly Blue Book quote.

I'm beginning to think that Weston Nissan is a joke. But, at least they aren't quite as bad as Bill Seidle Nissan. A few days ago I, finally, got a lease quote from BS Nissan (after waiting for a week for a response). The first quote was "somewhere around $450/month". When I asked for further details, magically, the quote dropped to $388/month. When I stated that $388/month was unrealistically low, unless they were going to sell the car for thousands below MSRP, the next quote was $495/month. I gave up, after that.

Once you have time to sit around and study sales tactics of car dealers (like you do when you wait for three months to get a LEAF), you realize that most car salesmen are idiots.

One step closer...

Got a call from Nissan EV Customer Service. My LEAF is undergoing (or has completed) final assembly (they put splashguards on it by mistake and wanted to know if I wanted to keep them, free of charge).

So, the car is in Jacksonville.

Next step is loading it on a truck or train and shipping it down here.

Geez - looks like I am going to be the last one of the group to get my car :cry: Still no VIN or Carwings.

(Yes, I'm whining, but seriously happy for everyone else!)

(Yes, I'm whining, but seriously happy for everyone else!)

Cumon dude you gotta be honest.. you hate everyone else and your frustration level is I guess bout 10.5
You could always try for an ophan there has gotta be some for sale off the lots in the next month.
I doubt if all the cars were pre ordered, look at Ca there seem to be quite a few "new Leafs" avalable so may be the same for FL?

Weatherman said:
spike09 said:
evenoelle said:
Spike09 - It's your week - any word yet?
Yeah. My Dashboard changed from "Week of November 11" to "Week of November 14". My dealer was unable to locate my VIN or delivery date.

Do you have a VIN now?

(Sounds like BS Nissan is ranking right up there with Weston Nissan in providing high quality service. :roll: )

Yesterday (Nov 16) I received an email from Nissan with the subject "Nissan Leaf - Delivery Timing Update". I was real excited until I logged in and saw my Dashboard changed from "Week of November 14" to "Week of November 23".

Still no VIN number!

Weatherman said:
Next step is loading it on a truck or train and shipping it down here.

I always thought that November 25th was a bit too optimistic for my delivery date.

It was updated this morning to the Week of December 1st.

hodad66 said:
remember when we were supposed to be able to order last
year in December? I'd be driving a Leaf (albeit dirty) right
now..... :mrgreen: :shock:

So now after driving the Volt for a while - how are you liking it? How much gas have you used? I'm really wishing that it would have worked for us for our second car but now we are sitting waiting for the Tesla (correction....and the Leaf too. :lol: )

Hi Eve, I love the car! I totally understand your choice though
as the rear seating is limited. The leather feels great, the interior
design is very pleasing. "Sport" mode is a hoot as the acceleration
is very stimulating :mrgreen:

I have burned 4 gallons (unusual for me) on two trips. The one home
from the dealership (Orlando) and a round trip to Kissimmee for Plug-In
Day. Ever since then I have been 100% electric.

Here are my current stats........

https://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/206

6197731679_0e555ceeab.jpg

:D

Hodad - 51 miles on a charge? Impressive!

Brightonuk - Seems like it :(

On a brighter note, they are doing a lot of the work to lay the wiring for our EVSE this morning. Should be fully installed soon.

Back