Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this board ever since my husband and I drove the Leaf at Sawgrass back in January. Now that the possibility of actually purchasing the car is near, I thought I'd jump in and say hello. We are in Kendall and have been working with someone at Maroone Nissan (who so far has been rather clueless I am sad to say). I'd be curious to hear what you all get as quotes from the other dealers as we would certainly go to a dealer besides Maroone if we could find a better deal and get better service. I'll share anything I receive from Maroone with you all for comparison.

Thanks in advance.
Eve

Hi Eve, none of them seem to know much yet. My closest dealer
isn't even Leaf certified yet. Located in central Florida any of my
info won't be helpful to you but I figured that I would say "Hi"
since I was born and raised in Miami. (left in "95")... :mrgreen:

StrangerTides said:
Okay, if anyone wants an update on South Florida dealers... I contacted all of these simply to ask if they were aware of the ordering process and would they commit to sell at MSRP or below.

(Royal) Palm Nissan - Agreed in writing to sell at MSRP, but not yet Leaf certified! They are trying to get that updated now. They are my top choice if they can get this worked out.

Maroone Delray - I ruled them out because they would not commit to sell at MSRP or below.

Pompano - Checking into it and will get back to me with a price quote.

Coral Springs - States that "pricing is not available at this time" even after I explained the process - wonder what they would do if they got an RAQ?

Weston - The only one that was already aware of the ordering process - verbally agreed to sell at MSRP, but will get back to me with more details.

Others in my 40 mile radius that I haven't tried yet:

Napleton (not Leaf certified)
Maroone Ft. Lauderdale
Pembroke Pines

Anyone else in the area found out anything useful?
Esserman, Maroone Miami, Maroone Kendall and Bill Siedle all are selling the car at MSRP. Coral Springs told me they did not have the ESVE chargers and we not selling the Leaf

spike09 said:
Esserman, Maroone Miami, Maroone Kendall and Bill Siedle all are selling the car at MSRP. Coral Springs told me they did not have the ESVE chargers and we not selling the Leaf

MSRP is better than above MSRP I guess.

Did anyone order on Monday?

As an update, apparently the Royal Palm Nissan guys have jumped through the right hoops and are now showing up as Leaf certified.

LTL, you can only request a quote from one at a time, which is why it's probably best to agree ahead of time with your preferred dealer on what the quote will be. If you don't like the quote, you can switch to another dealer and request another quote, but I've read elsewhere in this forum that you have to wait 24 hours to switch.

LTLFTcomposite said:
So the process is to request quotes from dealers through the dashboard when it opens up? How many dealers can you request quote from?
One at a time. It is best to arrange everything before hand with your favorite dealer and send the RAQ to him. You have to wait for 24 hrs before you can switch the dealer, if you don't like their quote.

evnow said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
So the process is to request quotes from dealers through the dashboard when it opens up? How many dealers can you request quote from?
One at a time. It is best to arrange everything before hand with your favorite dealer and send the RAQ to him. You have to wait for 24 hrs before you can switch the dealer, if you don't like their quote.

Say you request from dealer A but don't like the quote, then you request a quote from dealer B and they are higher than A... any problem going back hat in hand to A?

LTLFTcomposite said:
Say you request from dealer A but don't like the quote, then you request a quote from dealer B and they are higher than A... any problem going back hat in hand to A?
Only if your hat is really, really heavy. :lol:

Seriously, the only issue would be if you burned bridges when you rejected the quote and they won't give you the same deal. Also, the few days delay might end up translating to a month or two on the delivery end.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Basically the Nissan ordering software doesn't care what you had done earlier. They let you get a RAQ and reject it and move to the next dealer after 24 hours. Ofcourse you can go back to A after trying out B.

But, why not talk to the dealers and get an agreement on price before selecting the dealer and sending the RAQ ?

evnow said:
But, why not talk to the dealers and get an agreement on price before selecting the dealer and sending the RAQ ?

Point taken, I will do that.

So people in CA were routinely able to get $1000 below MSRP? Is that the definition of a "good deal"? I don't need to dedicate my life to shaving off the last twenty bucks, but I don't want to be a chump either.

LTLFTcomposite said:
...So people in CA were routinely able to get $1000 below MSRP? Is that the definition of a "good deal"? I don't need to dedicate my life to shaving off the last twenty bucks, but I don't want to be a chump either.
There were a few CA dealers willing to advertise that kind of deal (right here on the forum, if you look at the ads), and a few more willing to match that if they had to. In AZ and TX, best I can tell from the forum posts, the dealers held the line and no discounts were to be had.

I received the emai that I would be able to order this week, but have not heard anything from anywhere yet. Has anyone received the "invitation" to order in this round yet? Nothing has opened in my reservation section of the Nissan site yet. I am in Gainesville or Ocala area (Williston) but have auto trailer and 2500 pickup so I can pick a distant site if it is worth my while

update: I received the "invitation" in the wee hours of the morning. I placed a request with Gainesville Nissan. They were not ready to follow thru with a quote (manager out??) until monday, so I have to sit on it till then. I ordered the first Prius delivered to a private party in 1999 and Toyota handled this process a whole lot smoother than Nissan is doing.

Here's the e-mail I got from Maroone yesterday...I don't really know what much of it means except for the first sentence.

The ordering process for the Nissan LEAF opens today for customers who have a reservation.

The attached program will be available on the MY11 and MY12 Nissan LEAF ordered via the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey through August 31, 2011.

Revisions include:
Ø MY12 LEAF rates added
Ø Orders through August 31, 2011
Ø Applications through December 31, 2011

Distribution Method:

An email will be sent to dealers announcing that new bulletins have been published.
Dealers will be instructed to access the bulletins on DealerTrack, NNAnet.com, Nissan or Infiniti Incentive Awards Websites.
The bulletins will not be faxed.

Here's what I got from another dealer today...

Thank you very much for the contact. YES, Bill Seidle's Nissan is certified for the Leaf and 100% ready. We already have all charging stations ready to go. Now just waiting for the arrival of the Leaf. I am not aware of the next registration date however I will definitely keep you posted. We are also waiting to see about pricing. I am not sure as of yet what the market will dictate but I can tell you that we will be happy to work with you!

The vagueness regarding the price kind of scares me!

I spoke to Mitchell Lasowitz at Maroone Delray this evening after making them my first quote request. It sounded like they were still working through understanding the process, but he assured me they would not be charging over MSRP. They would however charge their "customary" $599 dealer service fee.

Wow, finally something changed for the positive for leafs in SoFL. Just got this in my email.

We have some exciting news! You can now request a quote* from your local EV Certified Nissan Dealer and place an order for your Nissan LEAF™.

We're happy to say that you'll soon be one step closer to becoming a Nissan LEAF owner.

Information about your vehicle's estimated arrival at your local dealer will be provided as you complete the online order process.

I signed up the first day (04/20/2010) and now a finally get a quote on a more expensive car. Interesting thing I noticed, besides the price increase, is that if you order it in red or blue there is a little warning that your order could take and extra 60 days. That I though was weird, not like they already have made the cars or are running out of paint. Wonder what is up with that.

So anyway, YEAH, quote on the way. Leaf site said that I should have it tomorrow, by knowing the high slime factor for dealers here in the Miami area, I wouldn't be surprised if it was longer. First quote I'm getting is from Morone Nissan of Miami.

Anyone else get a price yet?

LTLFTcomposite said:
I spoke to Mitchell Lasowitz at Maroone Delray this evening after making them my first quote request. It sounded like they were still working through understanding the process, but he assured me they would not be charging over MSRP. They would however charge their "customary" $599 dealer service fee.

Hmmm....Delray is approx. 66 miles from my house. Certainly within the 100 mile range. :D

Back