Fontana Nissan - Quick Charge Available on Sept. 1st and 2nd

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny showed a picture of a regular AV charger. I'm hoping to stop by Saturday morning, and will try to post what I learn here! (Unless Danny beats me to it.)

Valdemar said:
Phoenix said:
Why not make it a permanent DC Fast Charger on-site? Down the road, make some money off us LEAFs.

I bought mine from Fontana and wouldn't mind driving for 1hr there for a scheduled service if they had a permanent QC just to show my support. Without QC I won't bother as it is too time consuming.

+1

Did anyone go to this? I couldn't make it.

Of course I would definitely use Fontana to service my Leaf if they had a QC unit there.

astralfish said:
Unless you're from the future, it's not until September 1st and 2nd.

Fast charging 1950's "Back to the Future" style:

Delorean_Lightning3_Ajpg.jpg

Just in case anyone wants to use this as another opportunity to visit the San Bernardino Mountains in the LEAF, the good news is that Fontana is a bit higher in elevation than the base of CA-330. As a result, if I'm reasonably careful, I only drop about 15% charge going from Fontana Nissan to the start of 330, the shortest route to Big Bear. Owing to the extra rain and humidity up here, especially around Big Bear, it's greener than usual for this time of year. Look me up in PlugShare if you're passing through Arrowbear and need a pit stop for more charge. :)

Danny, is the fast charger still a go for the weekend?

My plan is to drive from Victorville, fast charge at Fontana Nissan, then spend the day in LA (hopefully fast charge at the new L3 on Mateo St.), back to Fontana for another fast charge before the drive up the Cajon pass and home to Victorville. It should be about a 200 mile round trip!

I see that forecasted temps in Fontana are 99 for Saturday and 100 for Sunday....

We could use a cooling trend.... :)

DC-Quick-Charge.jpg

The DC Quick Charger has arrived!!! Quick Charge will be available from 9 AM till 6 PM on Sept 1st and Sept 2nd. Be sure to stop by and check it out!! :D

FontanaNissan said:
The DC Quick Charger has arrived!!! Quick Charge will be available from 9 AM till 6 PM on Sept 1st and Sept 2nd. Be sure to stop by and check it out!! :D
Yay! Not vaporware after all! ;) Can you do me a favor and suguest to them to change the stop button color to red? :lol:

Does it have the Sumitomo (blue or green) CHAdeMO plug??

Jeremy

JeremyW said:
FontanaNissan said:
Yay! Not vaporware after all! ;) Can you do me a favor and suguest to them to change the stop button color to red? :lol:

Does it have the Sumitomo (blue or green) CHAdeMO plug??

Jeremy

It's the blue and green color button for start and stop. We can suggest that to AeroVironment but I think they intended to have the red button for Emergency Shutoff switch instead...

Back