Fontana Nissan - Quick Charge Available on Sept. 1st and 2nd

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FontanaNissan said:
It's the blue and green color button for start and stop. We can suggest that to AeroVironment but I think they intended to have the red button for Emergency Shutoff switch instead...

Red is the protocol for emergency shutoff, as are the blue and green for on and off.

What is suggested, and done by a few non-Japanese manufacturers, is changing to the more typical green/on and red/off, and emergency can still be red on a different switch configuration.

fnx800.jpg

Come out and Join Us! Hot Dogs and Drinks are on us...

FontanaNissan said:
Come out and Join Us! Hot Dogs and Drinks are on us...

On the one hand
- I think it is an utter DISGRACE that my local Nissan dealer is not doing anything to promote the LEAF.

On the other hand
- I think Fontana on this forum appears to be FAR TOO commercializing the forums. Distasteful.

Can't we find a happy medium?

mwalsh said:
Fontana Nissan has been good to folks on this site who have chosen to become their customer. And (to the best of my recollection) has paid to be a forum sponsor too. So they're OK in my books.
Sponsorship is one thing. I see no evidence.
Riddling the forums with these obvious commercials is something else.

sp4rk said:
mwalsh said:
Fontana Nissan has been good to folks on this site who have chosen to become their customer. And (to the best of my recollection) has paid to be a forum sponsor too. So they're OK in my books.
Sponsorship is one thing. I see no evidence.
Riddling the forums with these obvious commercials is something else.

You've got to be kidding me...One of the most proactive dealers in the nation with respect to electric vehicles, hosting a weekend DC Fast Charging event with help from Aerovironment and showcasing the new Nissan DC Fast charge equipment, with free food and free charging, trying to raise awareness about the cars and equipment, and you think it is "far too commercializing"?

Rock on, Fontana Nissan. And please post more photos and let us know how it goes with your event. I couldn't make it this weekend, but I'm there with you in spirit...

I do not see anything wrong with what Fontana Nissan has done.

It would be great if more dealers would follow their example and had quick charge events like they did today.

Yep, rock on Fontana. That's where I bought my Leaf, even though it is an hour drive away. Can't think of any dealers around L.A. that anywhere as excited about Leaf's.

Yes, thanks to Fontana Nissan, Danny, and especially the AeroVironment guys who are still sitting out in the 90+ degree parking lot as I type this! I got their first fast charge of the morning on my way to Los Angeles, then a couple hours of L2 while I ate lunch, then back to Fontana for another fast charge before heading up the Cajon Pass to Victorville. Total trip was a little over 200 miles in under 6 hours - it could have been under 5 hours if I had a Blink card for the fast charger in Los Angeles. I thought I could charge as a guest but couldn't, only L2. The "Little Bear" restaurant across the street from the LA fast charger has a great selection of Belgian Ales and decent food if you need to kill some time waiting while you charge. I'm seriously thinking of doing the whole trip again tomorrow just for the beer!

I think Fontana has acted appropriately on this forum. They have been here for a long time but never overstep boundaries - coming here only intermittently to advertise the very best deals. I can recall several other dealerships who initially made similar overtures but did not last. Two are from San Diego; one left because because the dealership was short-sighted and didn't allow people who bought from a competitor to charge (losing all support from this community). The other was much more active on this forum, participating in discussions that went far beyond buying/selling; to be fair, the GM drove a LEAF. I haven't seen this dealership on here in the last 7-8 months because frankly, his prices didn't compare to Fontana's and despite, assertions of EV friendliness didn't provide customer care like Fontana appears to have done. Incidentally, I did not order my LEAF from Fontana but from a San Diego dealership.

How many other dealerships are doing anything similar to this? I feel Fontana has been a great addition to the forum, and it really isn't that hard to skip over a post if you don't care about it.... Please keep up the outreach Fontana!

-Matt

We charged twice today, once in the morning, then again in the afternoon. In between, we enjoyed a drive to the end of Lytle Creek Road (about 4000' elevation) and took care of a commitment in Rancho Cucamonga.

The AV guys were real troopers, staying out in the heat to talk with LEAF owners. They were very kind to our children as well. :)

It would be great to see Nissan help fund QCs at dealerships as they have done in Europe!

Fontana Nissan wants to thank you all for your kind words and support. We really appreciate a few of you attended our event this past weekend or in spirit (Randy) ;) : Huge thanks to Jim and Tom from AeroVironment for coming out and explained the DC Fast Charger to our Leafers. Be sure to come and join us next time!

Back