Fraud Warning about Glendale Nissan, Glendale, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetex99

Beware of Glendale Nissan, and in particular, Carrie Parker. Since I'm still not able to order a Leaf even though I paid my $99 on April 20, 2010, because of the state I live in, I have been getting on waiting lists for an orphan at several west coast dealerships. On April 13, 2011, I spoke with Ms. Carrie Parker of Glendale Nissan, who identified herself as "Internet / Fleet Sales Director for Glendale Nissan" to get on a waiting list for a Leaf SL with level 3 charge port. On April 22, 2011 (while I was on vacation), Ms Parker called me and informed me that the dealership was receiving a shipment of Leafs on May 13, 2011, and that several of the Leafs would be available for purchase. I talked with her for several minutes to actually verify that these were indeed available, and she assured me that they were. I committed right then and there to buying one of these Leafs from her. When I arrived home, I sent her an email documenting our conversation and asking her to call me with details on the arriving Leafs as soon as she received them. On Wednesday, April 27, 2011, I received an email from Ms. Parker which looked like it had be written by a completely different person, stating that there were no Leafs available and would not be. Wednesday evening (afternoon in CA), I spoke briefly with the Sales Manager (Santiago) and extensively with Ms. Parker's supervisor (Brandon). I learned that Ms. Parker is not the Internet Director, but just a flunky who works in that department, and that she was not authorized to sell any Leafs and that she and others in the department had been told repeated that no Leafs were anticipated to be available. Brandon seemed to be a nice guy, but could do nothing for me as all of the Leafs arriving on May 13th were presold and none would be available. All he could do was place me on a waiting list.

The real kicker to this is that on Monday, April 25, 2011, I was called by another dealer who had an orphan to sell me, and I declined it to honor my commitment to Ms. Parker. So now, I have liquidated over $11,000 in mutual funds, obtained financing at 3.21%, and have no car to show for it. And if I had not tried to do the honorable thing with Glendale Nissan, I would have a new Leaf sitting in my driveway right now.

I have had to wait until now to post this without having it filled with profanity and obscenities . There are not enough expletives in the English language to describe my hatred for this lying dishonest woman.

Sorry to hear, Dave. Would you mind sharing what sort of price she was pitching you for an orphan Leaf? I'd be curious to see how they were trying to handle that....

Randy

She didn't get to the point of offering a price because she didn't have details of the Leafs coming in. She just said the price would depend on the options on the vehicle. The other dealer who did in fact have an orphan to sell me (the one I declined) offered it to me at $3000 over MSRP. I'm still kicking myself for not taking it and forgetting Glendale Nissan.

The good news is that there are lots of Leafs being moved to dealers from Long Beach and in those large numbers of cars, there has to be quite a few people who won't be purchasing the car when they get word it is available...

How about contacting some of the reputable dealers discussed on this board (Mossy, Fontana, Connell, etc.) to try and make a deal with them for an orphan Leaf? Hopefully you can get a good deal going that way...

I'm assuming that you're looking for shipping to Texas?

Shipping to Maryland. If I still lived in Texas, I could have ordered and received a Leaf by now.

Dave

I'll have to start contacting every dealer I can. So far, I've been contacting dealers as the Leafs start showing up on Autotrader and Cars.com. I still don't understand why they advertise them when they're not available, but a lot of dealers do.

Dave

davetex99 said:
I'll have to start contacting every dealer I can. So far, I've been contacting dealers as the Leafs start showing up on Autotrader and Cars.com. I still don't understand why they advertise them when they're not available, but a lot of dealers do.

Dave

To sell you something else, bait and switch. They are car dealers.

Dave! I would like to kick you too for not taking the orphan offered at $3k over.
Loud groan for you when I read that. Hope you get another chance.

You're next in line behind my wife. I was trying to do the right thing and stand by my commitment to Glendale. I grew up when and where a person's word was as good as a written contract. I haven't been able to get use to the "screw everyone to get ahead" attitude that seems so prevalent today.

$3k for an orphan?? I would have called Glendale, said "Thanks for your time, but I've found a more timely offer and made other arrangements" and then flew to the other dealership.

Hell, I'm thinking "For $3k I could be done with Nissan jerking me around thrice weekly" and it sounds pretty good from here!

Back