Gathering a Class action suit against Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willieworks

Hey All.

The revelation this week that Nissan has been filling Leaf orders out of turn caused me to tell the whole sordid story of the order process to a close friend who is an attorney specializing in class action suits. He feels Nissan is culpable punitively for their complete lack of transparency and even deception of the 19000+ of us who made reservations last year, but have still not received our vehicles, and especially those of us who reserved the first day and have seen those who reserved and ordered months after us receive their vehicles out of turn through some "Clerical" mistakes. From the beginning Nissan has gravely misrepresented the probable delivery dates and progress of the process in a way that can only be seen as having dealt in BAD FAITH. If you would be interested in participating in a class action against Nissan please post here and we will contact you with more information.

So, a new user registered 5 days back and with 2 posts wants a class action suit ? Hmmm ....

Can you tell us something about yourself ? Are you a lawyer - or do you have any connection with any of Nissan's competitors ?

This sounds pathetic to me. It seems this type of suit can be filed against almost any company, just what we need more law suits because a car was delivered late or out of order. I don't recall anyone signing a contract with NIssan the guaranteed a delivery date or delivery order. I'm sure this will force Nissan to waste money on this and change their policies to where they just sell to dealers and we all overpay in the future.

Nissan was very clear that the initial launch area would have priority and signups only allowed priority IN EACH PERSONS AREA. so if you did not get your car yet, that also means that no one else IN YOUR AREA got their car either. you will still be first IN YOUR AREA.

all this Nissan made very very very clear.
go ahead, spend your money. all you are doing is jamming up the courts and creating much ado for your own personal gain

Reading this thread caused me emotional distress. I'm suing the board admin and hosting company for permitting a hostile environment. And Dave's explanation openly endorsed favoritism. Since the ethnic composition of different states is different, this effectively amounts to racial discrimination. So I'm suing Dave for advocating it, and Nissan for implementing it. And I'm suing Carlos Ghosn's hairdresser for inflicting that "look" on me. And I'm suing my lawyer and myself for filing all these lawsuits. :D http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151307/cutbacks-at-school

Can we sue the lawyer on this for causing LEAF prices to go up? I'm sure those willing to do this will be using the PM feature not this thread :roll:

I do sympathize with those who are waiting longer than expected for their cars, given the Japan earthquake coupled with Nissan's mistakes which turned some of us into "lucky ducks".

However, it is precisely this kind of attitude toward use of the legal system that we have to blame for the pesky Carwings "OK" screen every time we start the car, among other things. :lol:

If I actually NEEDED the car, I would be upset. It's taking so long on the east coast, it's actually more likely I'll just order a Plug in Prius, as I am on the early reservation list for that, and frankly 13 miles of EV range is all I need to commute to work, and then plug in for the return trip home. and I like the idea of having an engine, for when I need it :)

and for those asking, I cancelled the deposit on the Volt, I can't stand dealing with weasels (or lawyers, wait, they are the same thing)

To EVNOW,
I'm am merely an angry first day reserver. I am a film editor in Los Angeles. From what I can see I joined the forum before you. I have no affiliation with any car companies whatsoever.

To EVDRIVER,
The fact that so many companies in general blatantly mislead the public doesn't mean it's OK. Nissan solicited our trust and have betrayed that trust at every turn of the process. They said whatever they wanted to get us to support their roll-out, and when 20,000 of did, they proceeded to fall short of their estimates for delivery, and not by a little. The reason this type of thing is so prevalent in today's world is that the public just sits there and takes it. To hell with that.

To DAVEINOLYWASH,
I'm in an area that is getting cars NOW, Los Angeles. I reserved in the first 10 seconds they were taking reservations on 4/20/2010, and ordered on 10/26/2010. The fact that people, in my area, who ordered in February 2011 are getting their cars before me has nothing to do with Nissans disclaimers. The fact that they have been less than forthcoming about doing anything about these mistakes is inexcusable. The fact that you think someone trying to do something about this with everyone affected means I'm only out for my own gain indicates something about you, not me.

Will the lawyer guarantee we will be compensated like Nissan guaranteed specific delivery dates? I'm sure other auto makes will not choose to use this model for ordering so in the future we can all deal with dealers and all their BS rather than changing the way we buy cars. Not only will people get to wait but they will get to compete with other buyers for price. Another option is for Nissan to promise a delivery date with compensation if it is missed. I would expect that option to require a large non-refundable deposit with a binding purchase contract. People had no risk in this process other than what they created and they want to hold Nissan accountable for what they intended but did not promise to do. This is the classic American mentality. I think Nissan should also compensate for a rental car, living expenses, mental distress and the like.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I am so pissed and frustrated with Nissan that I would crack a grin at the thought of them having to explain themselves in court, since they refused to explain anything to customers. If they tried the same BS lines that customer service gives us, they would get slammed by a judge, and that would be really satisfying to see.

On the other hand, it accomplishes nothing. It will take two years to resolve, and everyone will get a "Settlement offer" consisting of a Coupon for 20% OFF on a Nissan LEAF license plate frame. The lawyers will collect $millions$, naturally, so the price of EVs will go up, and the image of EV manufacturers and EV buyers would both go down. Those thinking of trying new sales channels (however misconceived and poorly executed) would pause for thought.

The last three Class Action settlements I received (through no effort of my own) were less than $5, and in one case, $0.30. Not worth the postage stamp it would take to claim it. That seems to be the game. So anyone thinking of recovering their CA $5000 this way is sorely mistaken.

But I'm not so quick to put the wet towel on it. Just having a bunch of people stand up and say "This might be worth a Class Action lawsuit!" could be enough to get Nissan's attention and some meaningful communication about the screw-ups and delays.

Willieworks said:
To EVNOW,
I'm am merely an angry first day reserver. I am a film editor in Los Angeles. From what I can see I joined the forum before you. I have no affiliation with any car companies whatsoever.

To EVDRIVER,
The fact that so many companies in general blatantly mislead the public doesn't mean it's OK. Nissan solicited our trust and have betrayed that trust at every turn of the process. They said whatever they wanted to get us to support their roll-out, and when 20,000 of did, they proceeded to fall short of their estimates for delivery, and not by a little. The reason this type of thing is so prevalent in today's world is that the public just sits there and takes it. To hell with that.

To DAVEINOLYWASH,
I'm in an area that is getting cars NOW, Los Angeles. I reserved in the first 10 seconds they were taking reservations on 4/20/2010, and ordered on 10/26/2010. The fact that people, in my area, who ordered in February 2011 are getting their cars before me has nothing to do with Nissans disclaimers. The fact that they have been less than forthcoming about doing anything about these mistakes is inexcusable. The fact that you think someone trying to do something about this with everyone affected means I'm only out for my own gain indicates something about you, not me.

Check this web site for willieworks - http://wn.com/willieworks

There is a video of test driving the LEAF. Is he looking for more publicity?

Willieworks said:
The fact that you think someone trying to do something about this with everyone affected means I'm only out for my own gain indicates something about you, not me.

you are at a drive thru window for fast food (real story happened to me last thursday. the person in front of you (who registered, or in this case, got in line before me) is a real estate agent (she was VERY loud) when she pulls up to the ordering window she informs order taker she is on the phone and will be with that person in a minute.

we sit there for 9 minutes and 21 seconds while she talks on phone

i need to ask you; should i sue her? or should i allow her to continue to talk because her full sized SUV was in line before me?

you sir say my comments tells you a lot about my character when you signed up then waited 7 weeks before you ordered expecting the entire world to wait upon you??

do i have that right?

Back