Gauging interest for ELM327’s modified for EV Bus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you found a good source for a miniature slide
switch, or other useful switch?

To modify a mini-elm, there is not much space
inside for mounting a switch, right?

Or, are you just planning on doing the CAR to EV mod?

They is almost no room for a switch in the Mini case. I'm still searching for one that will fit though.

For now, I'm just planning on a hard wired CAR CAN to EV CAN mod.

FairwoodRed said:
They is almost no room for a switch in the Mini case. I'm still searching for one that will fit though.

For now, I'm just planning on a hard wired CAR CAN to EV CAN mod.
For me, I really miss being able to see SOC while car is charging without turning car on, so I would need the power switch, unless there is a way for the ELM to wake up while charging, like Lincomatic.

I really appreciate the quality control, testing, and defect rejection that Garygid provides.

tbleakne said:
[For me, I really miss being able to see SOC while car is charging without turning car on, so I would need the power switch, unless there is a way for the ELM to wake up while charging, like Lincomatic.
Isn't it the other way around? You'd want "always on" with the small ghost draw go access the data any time during via the ELM? Would a knowledgeable please confirm or correct me...

FairwoodRed said:
I hope to be able do it for close to my cost, at about $15 shipped.
PS – MOD’s, if I’ve got this in the wrong spot, please correct it and let me know.
Thanks for this service. Considering what you are doing, I see no problems with leaving this thread here.

Maybe we could get a good package deal on one modified
for EV-bus, and a second one unmodified (for CAN-bus),
but with both units tested?

The shipping cost is probably only a little more for two.
Do these get sent in a padded envelope, first class mail?

Back