Good charger for my 2018 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anything about them, but haven't heard of a "bad" charger that meets J1772 protocol. Unless you plan on another car in the future, anything over 32 amps will not make the car charge any faster as the Leaf is limited to 27.5 amps.

I have an Emporia and I think it's great. It has scheduling for charging start and stop times and you can set the charge current to whatever you like. The app is pretty good. You can just start and stop charging from the app if you want to.

Possibly not available in your locale, but I like the Evnex E2. It has a current transformer that you put onto your house grid connection and from that it can determine how much power it can draw from your solar system before using grid power and then limits the vehicle charging to that same rate.

https://www.evnex.com/home-charging

I don't know anything about them, but haven't heard of a "bad" charger that meets J1772 protocol. Unless you plan on another car in the future, anything over 32 amps will not make the car charge any faster as the Leaf is limited to 27.5 amps.
All of our houses have ClipperCreeks, and they are superb.

As to bad J1772 chargers, we had several of them go bad where I work. 2 Siemens ones flat out died and got replaced, and a third Siemens one recently stopped charging Teslas (but still charged all other brands). The company which I work for then decided to replace all of the remaining Siemens ones with a different brand.

Last edited:
What is a good Level 2 charger to buy for my 2018 SL?
That is a long list for me:
Nissan's OEM (L1/L2) EVSE, Grizzl-E/United Chargers, Enphase (aquired ClipperCreek), Webasto (aquired AV), Wallbox, OpenEVSE, Lectron, Autel, Emporia, and even ChargePoint (though, over priced).

Back