Great experience today marking cycling course with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Leafpals:

Just wanted to mention what a great car the Leaf is. On a message board we often see lots of complaints. I understand. I think the Leaf is a fantastic early mass produced EV, and it does what I want it to do. Today I marked part of the course for the Tour d'Organics bike ride. I will mark the rest tomorrow. I started out with a 100% charge, and drove about 75 miles until I hit low battery warning. This was many many starts and stops. The Leaf does so well with that, in a way that a gas car does not. I averaged 4.5 m/kWh for the trip including some air conditioning. The car was comfortable, and handled all of my gear including poles, signs, arrows etc. Just terrific. I go out tomorrow to finish the job.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing people with newspaper and other delivery routes leasing Leafs (and not mentioning the intended purpose, of course). I see all sorts of gas-guzzlers being used to deliver newspapers, including new ones.

LeftieBiker said:
I'm surprised we aren't seeing people with newspaper and other delivery routes leasing Leafs (and not mentioning the intended purpose, of course). I see all sorts of gas-guzzlers being used to deliver newspapers, including new ones.
The real winner for those jobs will be the Smart. $139/month including battery lease or $23k before subsidies, and only 8'10" long for parking? Get the Domino's sign ready, people.

GRA said:
The real winner for those jobs will be the Smart. $139/month including battery lease or $23k before subsidies, and only 8'10" long for parking? Get the Domino's sign ready, people.

We have a pizza place here in the twin cities that does all of it's delivery in i-MiEVs. They used to use custom electric cars before, I don't know when they switched.

image_3427.jpg

jamuraa said:
We have a pizza place here in the twin cities that does all of it's delivery in i-MiEVs. They used to use custom electric cars before, I don't know when they switched.

There's a restaurant here too that has i-MiEVs for deliveries. They also have a Zenn car in the lot, but I've not yet seen it in use. From what Wiki tells me it has a 25 mph cap and a 40-mile range.

Back