Happy Independence Day

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the LEAF owners in Silicon Valley will be participating in the Rose, White and Blue parade (http://www.rosewhiteblueparade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in San Jose. This will be an opportunity to once again join with other EV owners in a gas-free drive on a nice day.

Wishing everyone a pleasant July 4th.

Independence Day now means to me "Energy" Independence Day. Each year I am moving toward less dependence on foreign oil and oil in general. In addition to my Leaf (11,000 miles this first year), and our 2002 Prius, we have converted our 2001 Camry to run on E85 (85 percent Ethanol).

Wife doesn't want solar on the roof so I am looking for a shared solar system or one that I can buy into that is situated on land nearby. My goal by 2013 July 4th!

lkkms2 said:
Independence Day now means to me "Energy" Independence Day. Each year I am moving toward less dependence on foreign oil and oil in general. In addition to my Leaf (11,000 miles this first year), and our 2002 Prius, we have converted our 2001 Camry to run on E85 (85 percent Ethanol).

Wife doesn't want solar on the roof so I am looking for a shared solar system or one that I can buy into that is situated on land nearby. My goal by 2013 July 4th!

Wife won't notice it once it's up there. :lol: Have her go on a nice vacay and return to zero electrical bills for the rest of her life, plus driving on sunlight to boot.

lkkms2 said:

??
how does she explain that?
too ugly?

thankyouOB said:
lkkms2 said:

??
too ugly?

Whups, didn't expect two replies. Then I read to my wife :eek:

Basically, yes she thinks solar panels look ugly and says we don't use that much electricity(less than $100 + $30-40/month for Leaf). I even got her a new garage door too, but still the answer is "No". Next is re-stucco the house, new fence, then new deck. I keep joking I will install after all these other upgrade are done, or as Boooomer23 suggests I sender her on a vacation ( to Japan where she is from and they are accelerating their move to alternative energy :) ). Alas, seems it is not to be. She says the choice is Marriage or Ugly Solar Panel(divorce). :eek:

That is why I will look into a shared system off site that you can partially own or buy into. I heard California is introducing legislation that will make this more feasible. (or if anyone knows of another option let me know).

In the meantime, everyone enjoy your "beautiful" solar systems.

lkkms2 said:
thankyouOB said:
lkkms2 said:

??
too ugly?

Whups, didn't expect two replies. Then I read to my wife :eek:

Basically, yes she thinks solar panels look ugly and says we don't use that much electricity(less than $100 + $30-40/month for Leaf). I even got her a new garage door too, but still the answer is "No". Next is re-stucco the house, new fence, then new deck. I keep joking I will install after all these other upgrade are done, or as Boooomer23 suggests I sender her on a vacation ( to Japan where she is from and they are accelerating their move to alternative energy :) ). Alas, seems it is not to be. She says the choice is Marriage or Ugly Solar Panel(divorce). :eek:

That is why I will look into a shared system off site that you can partially own or buy into. I heard California is introducing legislation that will make this more feasible. (or if anyone knows of another option let me know).

In the meantime, everyone enjoy your "beautiful" solar systems.

Build a shed in the backyard and put them on that. :D

Back