My first.....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archuser

I'm new here (yes, I know---redundant) & after a couple of months of research & lurking here for a while.....I bought a <30K 2020 Leaf SV. The wife & I are retired & really wanted a "newish" car with low miles to do the 30~40 mile max one-way drive cycle. We live in Southern Oregon & were able to get both the $5k Oregon rebate & max out the $4k Federal rebate. Bought a $17k SV in Salem (40KW model) & then I planned the drive from Salem to here....about 220 miles. I figured that I could plan with contingencies the recharge points to home & planned on the time required to get home..... In short....it was a nice trip, the car was great, the driver didn't have "much" range anxiety (after the first 100 miles). Interesting drive---I wanted to be prepared & then jump in to really get used to the car on a road trip....set the cruise for 67mph....set for B & off I went. The charge stops were all around 60~70 miles apart--major hills to clear between Canyonville & Grants Pass....in short, the car worked without missing a beat.

I'm a retired Auto Tech & was trained to work on EV's with the last independent shop I worked at (major experience is European vehicles)....So I'm not real worried about playing with this car...I'm very interested in the little things that increase range....better oil in the final drive....etc....

IMG_20240503_135054.jpg

Last edited:
Those rebates really help. I bought my 2021 several months ago and I am really enjoying it.

Lots of good information on this forum to help you get the most of your Leaf.

Yes...I used E Pedal for the first time today & really liked it. I'm planning on changing the final drive oil with ULV sometime next week...will give me a bit of time to get a baseline from my driving mix of Hwy & City (we live 8 miles out of town on Hwy 140...mostly level with one downhill/uphill at our turnoff) The trip I just did netted me 3.8 over 40 miles & the drive included a long stretch uphill that I don't normally go on (about every month or so), I went back down the same hill & I see that I totaled 1 mile in Regen for the trip. Love the info the car has & what Leafspy (Pro) gives....next couple of months will be very interesting.

The battery pack has 245QC & 340 L1/L2....SOH is right around 89% & I'm seeing right around 10mv spread on the pack. Hx is 88.18%

Back