Headaches

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been searching around for a place to ask this without sounding like a crazy person. I guess I may still sound crazy, but at least I won't be alone.

I don't get headaches, but I just bought a used 2012 LEAF and after maybe a week or driving I started noticing something like the sensation of pressure in my face. I haven't driven for more than 30 minutes at a time so far and I didn't notice this when test driving any EVs (not the one I purchased, nor a 2021 LEAF, a 2021 Bolt, or a 2013 Tesla S). I've been driving a Prius for over 5 years and have never felt anything like this. It also seems to be more pronounced when I'm driving in eco mode.

I don't buy into woo-y stuff and it pains me to just type in search terms that turn up people trying to sell grounding straps for your bed sheets and EMF meters for "ghost hunting." But here I am, posting from a burner account so I don't get internet-shamed.

ICNIRP has apparently done studies on EM radiation in EVs and found levels to be fine (20% of the recommended safety levels at the footwell, 2% where your head would be). But is there any chance something could go so wrong with an EV that people would feel these sorts of effects?

Hi, I did some reading on Magnetic fields. Hope this helps. Research has shown that magnetic fields cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, body pain, joint pain, and tiredness. It has also shown that they cause flu like symptoms.

Link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27454111/

From my understanding, sometimes these Magnetic fields are usually used in metal detection surveillance systems. For instance, these could be installed within lampposts etc.

However, these fields may also be used to monitor individuals.  For instance, landlords at times connect these devices to the lights and HVAC systems in their units and then rent them out and monitor tenants within their home unit/office, seniors in their homes, schools, prisons, subway, cabs etc. These are similar to the waves used to check luggage for the presence of any metallic objects.

In an article titled, "Occupational exposure to magnetic fields increases risk of ALS", it stated that men who were occupationally exposed to these were more likely to develop ALS, which results in an inability to chew, walk, or even breathe.

All these also happen to be the same symptoms that individuals who have COVID 19 also experience, so try to contact the security service provider in your building/school etc. to reduce the field or to cease using them altogether.

Cheers, God Bless

Back