Heater Out & 3 week turn around??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
markley268 said:
I was surprised that the leaf tech couldn't tell me that there was or wasn't a problem if i've never seen the energy info draw more than 1.5KW when the heat was on.

Remember, in some cases we're more familiar with our cars than they are. My Nissan service advisor freely admits this (and he's a great SA), but the simple fact is there just aren't a lot of Leafs around.

planet4ever said:
PAsolarEV said:
Sorry - 2013 SL.
In that case, Zero Emission button (like an "e") to the right of the console display, then Energy Info -> Energy Usage. Watch the Climate Control pie chart on the right. I'm not sure what numbers you should see with the 2013, which has both a heat pump and a resistive heater, but for my 2011 it would start up around 4.5kW when I turned the heater on (unless I was in Eco, which I think limited it to 2.5kW) then drop as it believed the cabin was approaching the desired temperature. Your numbers may be different, but if the car is cold, and you don't see a substantial energy draw there, your heater is broken.

Ray
I thought that the displayed power use was merely a prediction, based on the computer's knowledge of what parts of the climate control system it had turned on and the assumed loading characteristics of those parts. If that were true, the "energy use" screen could show a hefty draw by the climate control functions even if they'd gone open-circuit.

But maybe I'm confusing the Climate Control display with the "other uses" one (don't remember exactly what it's called, but it's where the lights, audio, and other minor accessories would be shown).

Levenkay said:
I thought that the displayed power use was merely a prediction, based on the computer's knowledge of what parts of the climate control system it had turned on and the assumed loading characteristics of those parts. If that were true, the "energy use" screen could show a hefty draw by the climate control functions even if they'd gone open-circuit.

But maybe I'm confusing the Climate Control display with the "other uses" one (don't remember exactly what it's called, but it's where the lights, audio, and other minor accessories would be shown).
Yes, it's the lower-right pie chart "Other" that is calculated. The climate and traction pie charts are supposed to be actual measurements.

Just got a call from Dealer. Leaf is done they replaced the heater. Just over two weeks so not bad at all really.

Back