Heating, seat and steering wheel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradBarger

Hello! New to Leaf and new to forum. Just purchased 2015 SL. Regarding heaters (seats and steering wheel) the switches all light when turned on but still do not work. Is there a large fuse or circuit breaker for these? Seems odd that they all are out.

Welcome!

I'm not sure where you reside. Are the steering wheel and seats warm or hot under normal conditions?

Based on what I see in the 2015 Leaf manual:
* Page 2-45, Heated Steering Wheel Switch, "If the surface temperature of the steering wheel is above 68°F (20°C) when the switch is turned on, the system will not heat the steering wheel. This is not a malfunction."

* Page 2-47 addresses the heated seats, but I don't see anything about specific temperatures. My guess is that, since the heated seat system is controlled by a thermostat, the system won't heat the seats when they are above a specific temperature.

You can obtain a copy of the manual here:
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2015/2015-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf

Thank you for the info! I have never owned a car with accessory heating controlled by ambient temperature! I am in Phoenix so our lows are still 20 degrees too high to function apparently. I just purchased the car a few days ago.

The seat and steering wheel heaters are supplied from the 12V battery and, if I remember correctly, are protected by fuses. The steering wheel heater will definitely not work at our present temperatures. I cannot remember whether or not the seat heaters will work when it is this hot, but it would be hard to tell. You will really like the seat and steering wheel heaters at night in December and January.

I applaud your thoroughness in testing out the seat and steering wheel heaters in Phoenix summer.

On the other hand, I have to question your judgement if you're melting in a car in Phoenix summer and you say to yourself "Hmm, I wonder if there's any way, outside of parking this car on the surface of the sun, to make it just a tad warmer in here?"

Just acclimating for the future climate here! :D
Although I do have a passenger that likes ice on the windows.

Back