Hertz Selling Teslas - Some Are Only $21,000 - $22,000

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony17112acst

Hertz Selling Teslas - Some Are Only $21,000 - $22,000

Those are some really competitive prices vs. the LEAF. Go to Hertz's website to check them out - over 500 for sale. Do a search on Hertz Car Sales.

If exactly the same price, would you choose a LEAF over a Tesla Standard Range?

If you're only considering price, it might be a tough decision.
If you're telling me you have a 2022 Leaf vs a 2022 Tesla, both with equivalent miles, but the Leaf is a single-owner vehicle (and maybe I can talk to that owner to get a sense of their treatment of the vehicle) whereas the Tesla was a rental, probably driven dozens if not hundreds of times by yahoos whose sole goal was to experience max EV acceleration...
I would definitely go for the Leaf.
I'm sure you can get good deals on used rental vehicles, but I would want to do extensive inspection of the vehicle before I handed over money.

The $20k Model 3s are in rough condition. Plenty of articles about this. Purchasing rental/fleet cars is always a crap shoot unless you can physically inspect the car.
If you want to get into a Tesla for the least amt of $$, this is a great opp. While the std warranty is long gone due to mileage, the battery warranty should be your top concern before deciding to buy or not.

I have to agree with the other postings, if I "knew" the person selling the Tesla and could get an honest answer about the history like "yeah, hit a curb last year, had to replace XYZ" or "battery has some cells that concern me so I don't trust it for long road trips" then a price could be haggled. But as everyone here has written, people do not treat rental vehicles nicely. Maybe some do, but I would imagine most are running around in maximum power mode and then running them down to 0% before dashing over to the super charger for 100% charge and then taking off again. As it's already been known, the vehicles are often rented for ride sharing, so basically the Tesla's for sale were mostly taxi services. Just like when we see a LeafSpy screenshot posted here where the Leaf only has 40K miles, but 1,000 QCs for some reason 🤣, we know that wasn't someone's daily driver for work or errands, but basically used as work mule it's entire life. :p

If I knew for a fact that the Tesla had only been rented from the Key West Hertz?
Sure. That Tesla never gotta out of the cage. :)

I'm trying to think of any other caged in region that might apply.

Lots of articles out there on this. Some mention that the main renters of Tesla was the ridehail drivers (Uber, Lyft), which drive these cars hard. (ergo the over average amount of driving per year). That plus a 30% drop in Tesla prices forced Hertz to sell now rather then loose more value later. Definitely this conversation needs info on how to tell a good battery from a bad one.

Back