Hi Everyone! Excited to be in my Leaf in NC!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllensLeaf

Greetings from North Carolina! We've had our Leaf for 5 days and are loving it every time we drive it. Still no 240v Level II installed at the house, so we are trickle charging each night, which seems to work just fine. Lots of great Level II stations in Raleigh and we'll be pushing for more.

We'd love to install a 480v fast charger... anyone out there done that? Not many of those around it seems...

Ready to plan some trips and start pushing for some charging stations!

Happy to be a Leaf owner!

-Josh & Amy

Welcome aboard!! Of course, there are some DC fast chargers out there, so it has been done. If you're asking has anybody put one at home, I'll guess I'm going to be the first one :mrgreen:

AllensLeaf said:
Greetings from North Carolina! We've had our Leaf for 5 days and are loving it every time we drive it. Still no 240v Level II installed at the house, so we are trickle charging each night, which seems to work just fine. Lots of great Level II stations in Raleigh and we'll be pushing for more.

We'd love to install a 480v fast charger... anyone out there done that? Not many of those around it seems...

Ready to plan some trips and start pushing for some charging stations!

Happy to be a Leaf owner!

-Josh & Amy

It's great you have your car and that you're enjoying it so much. You'll definitely appreciate the 240v charging. Works great when you have lots of short trips.

I've been trickle charging for almost a year now and have zero range or anxiety issues (1K miles/month) I've modified the EVSE just in case and we may be getting a free blink station, so we'll see but there's plenty of juice to go around at 120 and it keeps the battery cool.

cracovian said:
I've been trickle charging for almost a year now and have zero range or anxiety issues (1K miles/month) I've modified the EVSE just in case and we may be getting a free blink station, so we'll see but there's plenty of juice to go around at 120 and it keeps the battery cool.

Did you mod the EVSE yourself? If so, can you share details? Thanks! Loving the car so far - just hit 400 miles on the Leaf, which would have equalled a $75.00 tank of gas in the Volvo XC90 we traded in.

AllensLeaf said:
cracovian said:

Did you mod the EVSE yourself? If so, can you share details? Thanks! Loving the car so far - just hit 400 miles on the Leaf, which would have equalled a $75.00 tank of gas in the Volvo XC90 we traded in.

No, I went the usual CA route to get it modified - evseupgrade.com

I did hook it up to my dryer port a couple of times when needed.

AllensLeaf said:

Welcome to the forum. We're also in Raleigh and have a Blue Ocean Leaf. So look for another Blue Leaf driving around North Raleigh. I usually see another Leaf about every 10-14 days. It's a good idea to get the 240 charger. We have 2 cars that we have to charge so I start with the Volt and then charge the Leaf overnight.

By the way there's also a NC thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hasn't been too active lately but some good info there.

Add another Cary Leaf owner, although mine is red..

I just have the 110V charger but there are several 220 stations at work,just none at my building. So the other day I was at 17 miles, I just parked at a building with a cafe, plugged in and walked to my building. Walked back at lunch, ate and then drove back. I was I the high 80s after 4 hours.

If you are someone always looking for an excuse to go to the cafe for lunch (C or T) here is another one. :lol:

Fred

Back