How long to lose your first bar?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that spring is here and the battery is usually above 10ºC my capacity has started to drop rapidly again, about 58.09 Ah this morning. So, I'm guessing that I will lose the first bar this fall. If not, then spring 2015. No warranty replacement for me.

Just lost my second bar at 8886 miles (14,300 km), at 21 months.

I only used the 80% charging mode for the first 2 months or so.

Tropical climate.

Is mine a new record?
YRQfNIT.jpg

leafydragon said:
Just lost my second bar at 8886 miles (14,300 km), at 21 months.

I only used the 80% charging mode for the first 2 months or so.

Tropical climate.

Is mine a new record?
No, there have been several other low mileage LEAFs, in very hot places, with two bars lost:
http://electricvehiclewiki.com/Real_World_Battery_Capacity_Loss#two_bars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But you are certainly right up near the top of the list for low mileage with two capacity bars lost.

As you know, it is time plus heat that kills the battery, not mileage. There have been many LEAFs that lost the second bar in fewer than 21 months.

Lost mine at 30 months, 32,500 miles. Traded in at 36 months for new leaf. Usually charged mine to 100% every day because I needed it.

i must be right on the edge at this point - my WattsLeft says 85% after 100% charge. the first bar is -15%, right?

electric mercedes B you say…? hmm.

rob

Any brownie points for not losing a bar yet at 39 months/26K?

I guess our LEAFs just need a bunch of rain to keep them happy.. Oh, wait; I guess Singapore kinda disproves that.. ;)

Do you lose your first bar at 85% SOH? I'm almost exactly 20 months in, ~16,000 miles and I have a 88% SOH right now.

I lost my first bar at about 3 years and 1 week later. I had about 24,000 miles at the time...The capacity loss seems like a bit more than the first bar value of 15%...

I lost my first bar on December 24, 2014, after 43 months of driving. ODO=23,390. SOH=84%. Ahr=55.314. QC=16. I have only rarely charged to 100%. My LEAF has lived in Oakland the entire time.

Back