How not to treat your customers Nissan.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other note that hasn't been mentioned yet (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13409&hilit=paint+heat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) if you need to have it painted, be sure they use an extended dry low heat method or paint before the traction battery is installed.

Best of luck.

ksnogas2112 said:
One other note that hasn't been mentioned yet (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13409&hilit=paint+heat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) if you need to have it painted, be sure they use an extended dry low heat method or paint before the traction battery is installed.

Best of luck.

Been there, done that. Thanks for bringing it up to let the OP know about it, because it is important to protect the battery while in the paint booths.

Sorry to hear about your experience, and wish I could offer better news. I work in the auto insurance collision business and this is not an uncommon thing. As was pointed out earlier, I see this happen a lot with the Prius. Despite selling tons of them, part availability for the Prius is poor...it can take months. I once totalled a Prius largely because I would have paid more in rental waiting for the needed parts to arrive than if I just cut my losses and total it. German cars often have similar issues...MB, BMW, Audi can be hard to source parts.

Hang in there and keep pressure on Nissan. The squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.

So today I picked it up from the body shop. Its still missing the metal bracket part that is behind the plastic of the front charge port. So in the mean time the body shop got the old one and straighten it up for temporary use. Also the second part that we are still waiting from nissan are the zero emission emblems on the doors. Its ridiculous that a silly emblem is on a more than 6 week back order :p I am happy that the car is back in my hands now and that it drives well.

As for the paint, the hood, bumper and fenders were all painted before being placed on the vehicle. the front doors were the only ones that were painted while on the vehicle and they dried them for 20 min at 120 degrees celsius, with apparently the rear of the car sticking out... All capacity bars are there but in a month or so i will probably plug in a Bluetooth CAN adapter and read the pack to see the health of the cells.

Thanks again for the tips :)

darandon said:
... Also the second part that we are still waiting from nissan are the zero emission emblems on the doors. Its ridiculous that a silly emblem is on a more than 6 week back order :p

The day after I bought my car, I had an incident where a huge SUV kicked up a big rock while speeding past me and the rock put one heck of a ding in my driver's side door, way down into the paint layer and actually scratched the metal. So that was part of my repair work that I had done last year and yes, I had to wait forever for those emblems to arrive. THEN, after they did get here, the technician put one of them on crooked and so when I pointed it out, they had to go and order another one and we waited forever again! LOL! Luckily, it wasn't necessary to keep the car at the dealership for that and I was able to drive my car while we waited, but yeah, just having to go back and forth to the dealership was a pain in the neck.

IMG_0737.jpg

Back