How to let Nissan know about charging stations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Leaf pals:

Today was a fun day in my 1 week old Leaf. We took a trip from my home in Sebastopol up above Healdsburg in Sonoma county. On the way back, even though I had all kinds of charge left for the day's festivities, I thought it would be interesting to try a public charging station for the first time. I easily found 3 Chargepoint L2 stations in the town of Windsor by the gym near the town green. These were easily found on my iPhone with the plugshare app, carstation app, and Chargepoint app. But the updated nav in the car does not have these. How do I report these stations to Nissan? Can it be done?

You probably can do it via your Nav system.

I know if you plug your car in, it will ask you if you want to add the charging station to the database. It's actually an option which can be enabled/disabled (to prompt you to automatically add new stations to the database).

Do the stations get added to the shared database, or just to your own car? I wouldn't want to accidentally share all of my friends' houses as "available" charging points....

GetOffYourGas said:
Do the stations get added to the shared database, or just to your own car? I wouldn't want to accidentally share all of my friends' houses as "available" charging points....

99% sure it's the stored db on the nav. Also, if you find one that's not on your nav, plug in and save and it will be there next time.

ksnogas2112 said:
GetOffYourGas said:

99% sure it's the stored db on the nav. Also, if you find one that's not on your nav, plug in and save and it will be there next time.

In the not-too-distant future, the nav will be linked to a shared database like plugshare. People will be able to write their own phone apps and maybe in-car apps to access the database.

Or so I will continue to hope.

Back