How to login to the Nissan Leaf iPhone App

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteBearLake

This has probably been posted somewhere in the previous 21 pages of postings, but I didn't see it.

So, at the risk of asking for the same information...

I got my Leaf 6 days ago and through trial and error I managed to get CarWings activated on my Leaf about an hour ago.
Following that I have downloaded the Nissan Leaf app for my iPhone 4, even though the reviews of this app are not so flattering.

I get to the main page of the iPhone app which contains text: connect with your Nissan LEAF now and a login & control button below.
I select the login & control button which takes me to a login page requesting username and password.

Previously I created a login at nissanusa.com/owners, entered user and car info, and I got a CarWings Nickname, a CarWings PIN, and a CarWings password.

I have repeatedly tried logging into the iPhone app using my nickname & password, but that didn't work.
I have also tried using my CarWings PIN & password, but that didn't get me into the iPhone app either.

Something as simple as logging in should be simple. Reviews of the iPhone app repeatedly complained about login problems, but I didn't see any solutions posted.

Anyone able to explain which combination of nickname, pin, and password to use? BTW, I am careful about matching case for both login and password.

Thanks in advance,

whitebearlake

Server down for me too @ 22:10 pacific time.

Once the server's back up and you've used the Nissan app for a few days, do yourself a favor and get the "Leaf Link" app

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the Leaf Link recommendation. I have added it to my iPhone.

Even so, I still am unable to login after repeated attempts.

Do I use my CW nickname or my CW PIN for the login to the iPhone apps?

FYI, I am using my CW password for the iPhone apps.

I am assuming that the server isn't still down, so the problem is at my end.

It makes it very difficult to do these things for the first time when the server is flaky, but to answer your question:
1) UID = same as CarWings login
2) PW = same one as CarWings

FWIW, I now use Leaf Link instead of the (old) Nissan iPhone app.

Making SOME progress....

It was suggested that I try to login to the owner portal as a test. I tried and it stated that a login with my email address had not been created.

So, I created it again, and added my Leaf to my vehicle list again.

This time it confirmed that my account had been created, which it did not do yesterday. I am able to login to the Nissan owners portal webpage though I don't see much to do once you login to the owners webpage. I don't recall where I saw the CarWings nickname, CarWings PIN, and CarWings password. Perhaps I saw those when I was activating CarWings on the vehicle console.

Again I tried using the Nissan Leaf and the LEAF Link apps on my iPhone. Neither allow me to login when I use my Nissan owner login (email address) and the password that I just set.

Perhaps I need to wait a day or so before the login and password work for the iPhone apps.

Hmmmm.... it shouldn't be this difficult.

WhiteBearLake

Problem resolved...

Somewhere along the line I understood the login was my email address. I contacted Nissan support and they clarified the login and password. I can now login to the iPhone Leaf apps. Hopefully this thread might help someone else in the future.

WhiteBearLake

Back