How to see firmware upgrades?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csites

My 2013 Leaf has had several firmware upgrades in the last 18 months, but I've never seen any of the version numbers change afterwards (visible from the 3-2-1 diagnostic screen). Anyone know how to see what firmware has changed?

(To see the 3-2-1 diag screen: with car on: press Map 3x, Audio Power 2x, then Map 1x)

BTW, the NTB14-017 firmware fix for grabby brakes at low speed made a huge difference. Thanks to the folks in this forum who provided that info!

csites said:
My 2013 Leaf has had several firmware upgrades in the last 18 months, but I've never seen any of the version numbers change afterwards (visible from the 3-2-1 diagnostic screen). Anyone know how to see what firmware has changed?

(To see the 3-2-1 diag screen: with car on: press Map 3x, Audio Power 2x, then Map 1x)

BTW, the NTB14-017 firmware fix for grabby brakes at low speed made a huge difference. Thanks to the folks in this forum who provided that info!

Anyone know of a way to get this information on the S model?

csites said:
My 2013 Leaf has had several firmware upgrades in the last 18 months, but I've never seen any of the version numbers change afterwards (visible from the 3-2-1 diagnostic screen).
I had the same confusion until I was corrected. Those firmware versions are for the systems in the console only. They do not give you any information about other systems throughout the car.
csites said:
Anyone know how to see what firmware has changed?
I think only the dealer and do this. And the LEAF mechanic at my dealer tells me that the system only reports the firmware version IF he can update it. Otherwise, he cannot read it directly. (I don't know if that is correct, but that is what he tells me.)

Back