I took the Coda for a test drive today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
<snip>

To me; QC is an essential marketing tool. This is what people require. the answers to their "what if?" questions.

I am amazed every day what people care about when purchasing a car. i mostly sell used cars and i am simply shocked at how little people care about gas mileage, etc.

all they care about is what will happen on that trip they take 3-5 times a year. they act like any little inconvenience is enough to eliminate said vehicle from consideration while ignoring the daily cost of the fuel they will need.

purchasing a car is a major decision but i have found that people's ability to prioritize is nearly non existent
ISTM they prioritize just fine; after all, they're spending their money. It's just that _their_ priorities are not _your_ priorities or the priorities of the majority of the people who post here (a small minority of the people who buy cars). Whether you or I or everyone here thinks their priorities are wrong is neither here nor there, at least until one of us becomes dictator-for-life and decides to deny people the option.

Call me a historian, but I love older threads like these with projections from the past.

It's interesting to look back on the lack of confidence in the adoption of CHAdeMO and the projections for Tesla.

The Coda was the first EV I ever test-drove. A car-share fleet operator a few towns away was closing up shop. I couldn't take my eye off the Craigslist images of several Codas in the same parking lot, years after the automaker collapsed and in a state where they were never sold.

The remaining examples had price tags starting at $6k, if I remember right. The one we took out was exhilarating to ride in and fun to drive, although I couldn't settle my nerves, driving an ultra-rare car on unfamiliar streets.

I truly appreciated the proprietor's honesty, as he summarized the quirks of the cars and the challenges of keeping them operating. Since the body shell derived from a non-US model, even auto glass is nearly impossible to source.

I am very glad I got to experience a Coda that day and speak to the very interesting owner, but I am also glad I didn't bring one home. I guess I relish a more uneventful ownership experience.

38435583_10155322790346148_266979346122539008_o.jpg

AFAIR, it felt as well as looked like a Corolla, if with poorer panel fit. I don't remember any issues with braking, but there were four adults in the car and we were taking a 'test' drive on S.F. city streets, so sedate.

Back