ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highcountryrider said:
I was grazing my horse at the Soos Creek trailhead on 148th in Covington
and spotted a Leaf southbound. First one I've seen. :)
that might have been me, if it was a black one.

I took the EV onto the Bainbridge ferry yesterday and saw a blue leaf waiting in the line on the bainbridge side waiting to go back to Seattle.

highcountryrider said:
Hmm. Since KC has a horse "charging station" at the trailhead, they should
put in a L2 EV charger as well.... :lol:
I keep wanting to make a bumper sticker with a picture of my beloved bratty bay warmblood, and the text "My other vehicle runs on biofuel." But I don't think I could bring myself to actually put a bumper sticker on the LEAF!

Maybe I need a vinyl applique that can go on a window, or a custom license plate frame...

speedracer said:
highcountryrider said:
Blink Card :?:

I also signed up for the ChargePoint membership. They have chargers in Bellevue and Redmond. I use them at Bellevue Sqaure. With ChargePoint they charge you an initial fee to get a card but like I said if you do not have a card you can just call the number on the charger if you want to use them without the card.
http://www.chargepointportal.net/
/chargepointamerica.com/charging-cards.php

Yes with ChargePoint you can call the 800 number. However when I called it, while at Bellevue Square, I had to set up an account before the operator (very nice, BTW) activated the charger - that took 20 minutes on the cell phone. I received a ChargePoint card a week later and activated it online with $25 credit for future use.

I don't mind waiting till after the 29th!
I was thinking of meeting up here: http://brownscoffee.com/content/Coffee_shop_in_Shoreline.htm. If the group grows larger than the place can hold we can come up with something else. The owner of Browns stopped me when I first went into his shop after picking up the car and said "is that the new Leaf?" When I said yes he shook my hand and offered me a free coffee and asked me a bunch of questions. He's very friendly toward electric cars and has shown openness to having a charging station installed, especially if we do some of the foot work for him with the EV project.

if anyone has another suggestion, put it out there. I believe there will be another Woodinville gathering in mid September, so we should plan around that.

would people be up for either this coming Saturday August 27th or Saturday September 24th?

Anyone in the Seattle metro area would be welcome. Let's open it up to Tesla's, conversions, Leaf's and anyone interested in learning more about EV's.
g

ps, here is the link and meeting date for the Woodinville Leafers, we could just have that include Shoreline, I know we are welcome:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4586&start=20
The next meeting will be Saturday, Sep. 17th from 1-3pm, location TBD in early Sep.

now that we have a half dozen owners in South Sound, will try to get something going for a Saturday while the weather is good. if you have one a bit farther south, i might attend. but dont let me stop your plans!

GaslessInSeattle said:
Anyone in the Seattle metro area would be welcome. Let's open it up to Tesla's, conversions, Leaf's and anyone interested in learning more about EV's.
Seems like this might be worth trying to organize through SEVA, too? Since there's already an organization out there for Tesla, LEAF and EV conversion folks in our area and all. :)

Packet said:
GaslessInSeattle said:
Seems like this might be worth trying to organize through SEVA, too? Since there's already an organization out there for Tesla, LEAF and EV conversion folks in our area and all. :)

Tacoma EV Owners have a monthly meeting at Oscar's Restaurant as well. its first wed of month at 7 pm

DaveinOlyWA said:
Tacoma EV Owners have a monthly meeting at Oscar's Restaurant as well. its first wed of month at 7 pm

Cool, I live just a few miles away so I think I can make it there and back without a recharge. :D

I just ordered my SL so I hope to attend in December.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Neat. I'll plan on the October gathering. Hop skip and a jump from Puyallup.

Bill

ebill3 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Neat. I'll plan on the October gathering. Hop skip and a jump from Puyallup.

Bill

i am trying to get "something" together for the South Sound area. posted link on face book/Olympia Leaf owners page for suggestions http://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but got no response. looking for a Saturday for coffee, burgers, or whatever. chance to sit with other Leafers, compare notes, dings and what not.

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011, is an unprecedented nationwide observance drawing global attention to the environmental, economic and other benefits of plug-in electric vehicles through simultaneous events staged in at least one dozen major cities nationwide.

Plug In America, the Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association are teaming up to plan for this effort, which will sound the bell through plug-in parades, tailpipe-free tailgate parties, test-drives and other grassroots activities in Santa Monica, Seattle, Sacramento, Washington D.C., Austin, Charlotte, Detroit, New York City and others.

If you're interested in helping to organize a National Plug In Day event in your city, otherwise participating or learning more, please email [email protected], with PlugInDay in the subject line.

I drove my LEAF up that STEEP hill in Tukwilla, south of Southcenter (178th
between SS blvd and I5).

I expected it to peg the power meter, but it only went up to 40KW on the
really steep part.

(For non South Seattle folks, this hill has a grade that has to be about 40º
for just a short distance.)

Back