"Important reminder notice"?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Started my car this morning, backed out of the driveway, and got this notice automagically:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mio5mjGm18I[/youtube]

It's not very specific, just a "campaign" and a "repair" that's free of charge.

I've already had P3227 update applied a while ago. Is there another update / recall that I don't know about?

I got the exact same thing this morning. I would assume it's for the P3227 update otherwise we'd likely have received some other form of communication (letter, email, etc.) also.

If it's about P3227, and you got that message, perhaps Nissan's nice female robot voice thinks you haven't done it yet. So, maybe it is something else?

BTW, um, what was P3227?

Did not sound urgent to me so Nissan can do any update next May with my "battery test".
Besides if Nissan can upload a message... just upload the update already.

They use SMS to send the messages and data. Way too slow and limited to send software even if they wanted to (which they don't)...

smkettner said:
Besides if Nissan can upload a message... just upload the update already.

Is there a way for me to verify that I have the latest software update. I'm wondering if my dealer lied when they said they applied the update.

Nope, there is no way to determine it yourself unfortunately...

kubel said:
Is there a way for me to verify that I have the latest software update. I'm wondering if my dealer lied when they said they applied the update.

I have not had the P3227 done (accuracy improvement of battery capacity bar indication and correction of deficiencies in the LEAF on board charger software that could result in OBC damage with the use of some L2 EVSEs. Apparently GE and possibly some other L2 EVSE manufacturers interpreted the EVSE standards differently than Nissan, and those EVSEs can damage the OBC.)
Got the message yesterday and today.
The Murphy Express DCQC would not work with the LEAF on Monday. It had worked reliably over the past year.
Possible the DCQC is just broken, but the failed DCQC request also caused the LEAF to display the yellow warning symbol, even after I had disconnected and had turned the LEAF off for 15 to 20 seconds.
After turning the LEAF off for a longer 1 1/2 minute period, the warning light went out.
Probably the warning message is unrelated, just by shear coincidence happened in close proximity to the new warning message? :? :? :(

Mine gave me the message yesterday morning. I never went and did the most recent update for the capacity bars. I remember I hit "Back" instead of "Done" yesterday. I got the message this morning, too. I pressed "Done" this time. Hopefully they leave me alone now.

The same service message has been played the last three days here as well - kinda annoying!

I know the message was dismissed by pressing the "Done" after it had fully played all three days now, so for us that method hasn't stopped the nagging yet.

We have a 2012 SL that has not had the P3227 update done and was presuming that's what this was all about.

Nevertheless, it would seem like a reasonable thing for Nissan to provide a bit more detail in their communication.

Contacted Nissan CS today.
They confirmed my Leaf is completely up to date with all active and prior service campaign updates.
The rep said they are not sure what is going on.
They opened a case# and did mention other Leafs have also been getting the reminder alerts.
Engineering is suppose to get back to CS.
CS said to give them a day to find out whats going on.

So this must have been what my LEAF tried to tell me. I say tried, because every message they send like that is silent when it plays. For some reason I have not complained about that yet… :)

DannyAmes said:
Contacted Nissan CS today.
They confirmed my Leaf is completely up to date with all active and prior service campaign updates.
The rep said they are not sure what is going on.
They opened a case# and did mention other Leafs have also been getting the reminder alerts.
Engineering is suppose to get back to CS.
CS said to give them a day to find out whats going on.

Called CS today and it was suppose to be a test they were not aware of apparently.
The alert is sent in a batch of 3 messages so after that you should be done getting it.

Back