Impressive efficiency

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the heck did they even calculate the efficiency with a divide by zero? Unless it thought the car actually moved 0.0x km...

This is why I never use the LEAF display numbers when talking efficiency other than what the odometer tells me. BTW, according to my GPS, even the odometer is off by a mile every 60 miles or so.

And, naturally, it should be entitled "Impressive IN-efficiency", since it's just about the largest amount of energy needed that I've heard of to travel one kilometer. :roll:

padamson1 said:
This is why I never use the LEAF display numbers when talking efficiency other than what the odometer tells me. BTW, according to my GPS, even the odometer is off by a mile every 60 miles or so.

That's about right. I measured 102.9%, speedometer indication over ground speed.

60 mph ground speed = 61.7 mph indicated

We know the CarWings data is about 2.5% off in range from the odometer.

TonyWilliams said:
padamson1 said:

That's about right. I measured 102.9%, speedometer indication over ground speed.

60 mph ground speed = 61.7 mph indicated

We know the CarWings data is about 2.5% off in range from the odometer.
Most cars' odometers are optimistic; e.g. 60 on the speedometer you're probably actually going 59ish (sometimes the difference is more severe). Glad I know this is in the other direction to avoid a ticket :)

Back