INCORRECT: Right type of battery for my LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jjeff said:
He's also not too fond of sitting in a cold car while he charges or again having to wait at times an hour for it to free up.
I only singled out that part because it is surprising that a lot of EV owners don't know you can charge and run the climate control at the same time. One should never be cold or hot while sitting in a charging EV. ;)

I mentioned it in another thread, but this is the one I would get:

https://aolithium.com/products/12v-33ah-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery

12V, UL listed, 422 Wh (33 Ah), 40A max discharge - would make a perfect 12V accessory battery for the LEAF.

Unfortunately, I just bought a new 12V lead acid battery a few months ago otherwise I would order one.

knightmb said:
jjeff said:
He's also not too fond of sitting in a cold car while he charges or again having to wait at times an hour for it to free up.
I only singled out that part because it is surprising that a lot of EV owners don't know you can charge and run the climate control at the same time. One should never be cold or hot while sitting in a charging EV. ;)
I've told him that before so I'm not sure what he was talking about. It might be the 1/2h or so he has to frequently wait until the QC station opens up but I'm not positive. I mean it's not like he couldn't use heat while waiting, it would just need a little extra time while he charges. I do know he doesn't like to charge longer than necessary as more than likely he'll have someone waiting to charge behind him, again the place he goes seems to be heavily used(especially in the winter) and they only have one QC cable. It's really a shame he doesn't have access to at least a lowly decent 120v outlet, I think even that would work for his modest driving :(

Bad news. My Solite died.
And I got new battery - Mutlu SMF 65B24L 55Ah

_mbqAf2rjbjlShRmQNFB_A-uFR0-1920.jpg

So better install more powerful battery, guys. This little Solite battery was my bad.

cober said:

So better install more powerful battery, guys. This little Solite battery was my bad.

Isn't that still a flooded lead acid battery? It might have more capacity, but the moment it sits under 14V, the battery life will quickly leak away. :(

knightmb said:
cober said:

Isn't that still a flooded lead acid battery? It might have more capacity, but the moment it sits under 14V, the battery life will quickly leak away. :(

I find it quite humorous that he named this thread what he did ("Right type of battery for my LEAF"), and then start with a video telling people incorrect information about what type of battery to put in a LEAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back