Interesting Call from my PD, yesterday

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachcliffs

Apparently, the Nissan computer system did not recognize that I was allocated a dealer demo in late April and my "real" car arrived at the dealer yesterday. South Bay Nissan was kind enough to call and make sure that I did not indeed order two black LEAFs. Now, someone on their 32 person wait list will be getting a car sooner rather than later (although too late for full $5,000 CA CVRP rebate). And, South Bay gets too earn whatever mark-up the LEAF currently commands.

At least now I know two things that I only suspected in April, a) no doubt that we were allocated a demo and b) being a squeeky wheel certainly paid off in our case.

Hmmm...I had the same thing happen to me last week as well. Interesting. I never really considered the idea that they had re-allocated me a demo car when I pushed on my delivery date, but it seems like that is what happened.

I got my car weeks ago and now knowing that my "original" car would have come in after the $5k rebate was exhausted makes me glad that I was polite, but pushy when the order snafu's came to light!

Demo cars are not to be sold for I think six months or the dealer will no longer be able to sell LEAF models.

EVDRIVER said:
Demo cars are not to be sold for I think six months or the dealer will no longer be able to sell LEAF models.
These were reallocated by Nissan before they were delivered to dealers, so they never actually became demos.

The smart thing to do would be to make the second car the dealer got the demo car... Just logically swap the two in their computer system.

GeekEV said:
The smart thing to do would be to make the second car the dealer got the demo car... Just logically swap the two in their computer system.
That would indeed be a straightforward, logical, honest and fair thing to do, and I have no doubt Nissan USA will do something else :lol:

gbshaun said:
GeekEV said:
That would indeed be a straightforward, logical, honest and fair thing to do, and I have no doubt Nissan USA will do something else :lol:
In this case, the dealer has already received a demo (added leather). So, I believe that they are free to sell the second "beachcliff" LEAF.

Back