Ireland's Current & Proposed Charging Infrastructure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o00scorpion00o

Hi Everyone,

This is about my 3rd post on the form, so hello to all you Lucky leaf owners. I've been looking around the forum for a long time so though I'd say hi.

I test drove a Leaf the other day and it was wonderful, The power delivery was amazing and instant throttle is so much fun. I hope that if work installs a charger I'll be able to purchase one this year, I'm currently on temp contract and am awaiting news on the permanent position before I can do anything.

I've about an 85 mile round trip per day and need the charger at work to comfortably make it in winter.

I currently drive a MK II 2007 Prius with 135,000 kms, and the drive in the Leaf makes the Prius look and feel dated!

Fuel costs @60 mpg are around 3100 Euro's with out Highly taxed Fuel. Around 4,000 USD. Road tax 400 Euro's or 523 USD a year. Then service costs, so I would save nearly 4,000 Euro's a year and 5500 Trade in on the Prius means I would pay back the car in 5 years. Not a saving but I would rather spend it on the car than the fuel. + I will need a new car in the meantime anyway, not new but ICE cars are not cheap here. There is an awful amount of tax on everything we buy here, But e.v's are exempt from VRT tax and road tax is only 120 Euro's a year.

I'm hoping work install the charger and allow me free charging, I work in I.T and the building consumes around 14 million watts soon to double, so a few extra kw/hrs per day would hardly be noticeable

Anyway Below you will see a pic of current installed chargers both a/c and fast d/c the a/c provide up to 22 kw of power and will be suitable for Zoe.

Chargerlocations_zpsfa860646.jpg

And here you will find the locations of proposed fast chargers to be installed over the next 2 years, these will be compatable with the Renault Zoe also, providing 44 kw/ a/c. Some of the current fast dc also provide fast A/C.

Proposedfastchargerlocation_zpsb4187652.jpg

How are you guys doing in the U.S and Canada with public charger installations ?

Back