Is this a reasonable lease on a 2013 SV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALeafForMe

Hi,
Would appreciate opinion or advice, please. Apologize in advance, if I am posting this in the wrong forum!

Looking at an SV with QC and the Premium package (cameras and Bose). The offer I have is $0 down, sign and drive, for $288/mo ($310/mo w/taxes). This is a 15k/yr lease. I am in Colorado. Duh...I don't have the important specifics (money factor, price, residual), but am hoping you can give me some generic guidance, just based on my total outlay.

No Loyalty or PPV for me, sadly.

This comes out to $0.23/mi base cost, and just under $0.25/mi with taxes...total of $7465.

Does this seem reasonable, or can I do better? Also, on top of this would be any disposition fee...is the $395 mandatory, or can that be negotiated?

THANKS.

That is a reasonable price, but I think you can get more out of them.

Invoice on a SV with QC and Premium and destination is $32,135. Taking off $7500 from the federal tax credit, you are left with $24,635. The tax credit is 23.34% of the value of the car. A two year lease gives a residual of 62%. 76.66% (100-23.34) - 62% = 14.66%, 14.66% of $32,135 is $4710.99. This is what you should actually be paying on just the car not including any fees/taxes/tag.

Find your money factor and multiply by 2400 to get a reasonably close estimate of the interest they are charging you. I've been quoted around 3.5% (S) and 4.3% (SL). Calculate your state taxes and tag and any dealer fees (paper work, etc). Add all of this to the value above ($4710.99) and divide by 24 to get your payments assuming paying first month down only. Throw this number at them and tell them to do even better. Invoice pricing still has profit. Loyalty and PPV are both $1000 each off invoice for a maximum of $2000. There is room there, even if you don't qualify, you can still try to negotiate into it.

I'm in negotiations for either a S w/QC or SL w/Premium (can't make up my mind, cheapskate or not) at 24 months w/12k miles per year and I've thrown numbers at my dealer for 24 x $198.21 (19.8 cents per mile) for the S, and 24 x $304.17 (30.4 cents per mile) for the SL and told them to do better. I don't have loyalty or PPV either. We'll see how they respond.

See this sampling of leases compiled on these boards for reference. Unfortunately it doesn't show options or PPV/Loyalty, so it's not too accurate.

LeafData.jpg

Max,
Thanks very much for the info; I really appreciate it! Good stuff....

Do you know anything about the lease-end disposition fee?

Haven't gotten to that point in my lease. I've seen that it might be waived if you re-lease with Nissan, so you may not have to pay it after all.

It's a better deal than I'm getting. I'm waiting on my SV with Premium Package and various other addons (mats, and other crap) which comes out to $303/Month. It doesn't help that there isn't another car like this within 200 miles (and they know it too) so they got me there.

For the Leaf S I was just quoted $190 per month for a 2 year lease of 12,000 miles and $1,200 down which includes first month payment and taxes. He said the buy out after 2 years would be $17,593.
Is this a good deal? I never leased before?

It does seem like a decent price but agree with other posters that you might be able to do better (you didn't say if this lease is for 2 years or 3 - that can affect the relative value). I suggest that you contact a few other Nissan dealers locally via their internet department email addresses, tell them that you are ready to lease now, give the exact details of the car, and ask for a lease quote for 0 down, 15k/month, and the same number of months and see what they come up with. You might find one who is desperate to deal now (this is more common later in the month).

One thing to note is that in Colorado you can get a state tax credit for the portion of the lease that you are responsible for. Depending on the final lease write-up this is likely going to be $1500 or more for you. (I'm assuming here that the full 2013 LEAF credit will be the same as for the 2012 and 2011, which is $4815, but Colorado still hasn't confirmed this - lessers get a portion of this.)

Everyone...thanks very much for your comments and advice. It is in fact a 24 month lease. I'll post again, after further discussions with the dealer. Appreciate your help!

We ended up going for it...2 year lease; SV w/QC and Premium package; 0 down, and all-in, $310/mo, including taxes.
We leased from Tynan's Nissan, in Fort Collins, CO. Dealt with Justin and Jake, who were great guys, and I would recommend them. So, our electric adventure begins! Now, I can start browsing the other parts of this forum, for all the great tips, tactics, and suggestions, on how to get the most out of our Leaf. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

ALeafForMe said:
We ended up going for it...2 year lease; SV w/QC and Premium package; 0 down, and all-in, $310/mo, including taxes.
We leased from Tynan's Nissan, in Fort Collins, CO. Dealt with Justin and Jake, who were great guys, and I would recommend them. So, our electric adventure begins! Now, I can start browsing the other parts of this forum, for all the great tips, tactics, and suggestions, on how to get the most out of our Leaf. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Enjoy!
Read the manuals.
Enjoy!
Search this forum.
Enjoy!
Drive like it was your first time.
Enjoy!
Read the manuals again.
Enjoy!
Chuckle at them gas guzzling Priuses.
Enjoy!

Back