July 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, I got an email AND a call a couple of weeks ago that I could now order... Apparently they lost track of the fact that I've had my car for 5 months!

kmp647 said:
has everyone gotten an email about being able to order next week?
I usually get all the emails from Nissan, but this time no email :?:

ok so that doesnt make me feel good about the situation at all

in fact now I am wondering if when the CS person said "emails will go out in 3 waves over 3 days she meant next week, order emails

when what I was referring to was the "you can order next week" email

StrangerTides said:
For the record, I got the email. I reserved on 4/23.

Yeah, that doesn't make me feel good at all. I thought that Nissan got this whole first in, last out thing resolved. Hopefully its just their email system.

I wont be waiting past friday at noon to call CS again if I have not received my "you get to order next week " email

makes me to concerned about my order spot next week coming late or not at all

when you get down to it , reserving on april 2010 is really only getting us a 10 day advantage over anyone who just decides to order on august 4th.

I am not going to let that happen after all this waiting.

kmp647 said:
when you get down to it , reserving on april 2010 is really only getting us a 10 day advantage over anyone who just decides to order on august 4th.

I am not going to let that happen after all this waiting.
I'm not sure that's the way to look at it. A ten day difference (heck a two day diff) in ordering at the outset could be a month or two difference in delivery.

I am sure you are correct about the difference 10 days could make

all the more reason not to wait around next week for an email that may never come

if my dash isnt open early in the week i will be on the phone!

Thanks, just curious. I don't understand why at this point Nissan hasn't figured out that they need to just send the 'you get to order next week' notification email to everyone who will get to order next week at the same time. Spacing them out by days and in random order doesn't make any sense especially given what happened with the first round of deliveries.

evnow said:
xRB said:
*2012 Nissan LEAF SV MSRP subject to change. Subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,284. At lease end, purchase for $16,583, plus $300 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating Dealer for details. Offer valid only for orders placed online through the Nissan LEAF Customer Journey website on or before August 31, 2011.
16,583 residual means the residual % has been increased from 45% to 46%. I had to decrease the interest from 4.9% to 4.2% (MF 0.00175) to get to $369. But I still don't get $26,820 of net capitalized cost - I get 27,137. Close, but not close enough.

BTW, the std lease gone from 15K miles to 12K miles.

What's a good Lease calculator for this. I remember reading the whole Lease thread months ago and ended up a tad confused. So if the car's going for $38800 (SL + Destination of $830) what would the lease look like if we assume the same Money Factor et al.?

what we really need to is one of the helpful dealers here to us what invoice is on a sv and a sl

that would help with our pricing next week on quotes

anyone find invoice on the 2012's ?

kmp647 said:
what we really need to is one of the helpful dealers here to us what invoice is on a sv and a sl

that would help with our pricing next week on quotes

anyone find invoice on the 2012's ?

I'm going to try ans ask Rosenthal but my guess is Herb Gordon or Criswell will be the most forthcoming. Surely your connections at Pohanka Fredricksberg could pay off here??

TimeHorse said:
What's a good Lease calculator for this. I remember reading the whole Lease thread months ago and ended up a tad confused. So if the car's going for $38800 (SL + Destination of $830) what would the lease look like if we assume the same Money Factor et al.?
We have some state specific excel sheets in the lease sticky thread. If you just change the RAQ & MSRP - without chagnging anything else, as I said, I end up with over $420 in lease instead of advertised $369. So clearly the terms have changed.

I'll upload the modified spreadsheet later in the evening today.

seem like the dashboard will not update til we get order emails on monday at soonest
CS said dash would show 2012 pricing on Monday

kinda keeps us in the dark on what a good price for the car is

plus that and Nissan doesnt seem to have published the invoice price to dealers yet(not that anyone admits)

I am sure we can make a good guess on what invoice is on the SV and SL

anyone care to make that calculation ?

kmp647 said:
I am sure we can make a good guess on what invoice is on the SV and SL

anyone care to make that calculation ?
Use the same % and see how that comes out.

In terms of a "goof price" - 5% off was the best any dealer offered. A lot of them offerred 500 to 1K off. Rairdons was the only one offering based on Invoice.

Newspaper here in central NC said that Nissan said that anyone here can order a Leaf as of August 1. Those of us with reservations are July 25, plus or minus. So having a reservation seems to be worth about 6 days, at this time. That could make the delivery date earlier, but my sense is that they will all get scrambled up depending on lots of other factors, so it looks like having a reservation didn't make a difference, in the end.

xRB said:
Newspaper here in central NC said that Nissan said that anyone here can order a Leaf as of August 1. Those of us with reservations are July 25, plus or minus. So having a reservation seems to be worth about 6 days, at this time. That could make the delivery date earlier, but my sense is that they will all get scrambled up depending on lots of other factors, so it looks like having a reservation didn't make a difference, in the end.
No - they don't all get "scrambled up". BTW, the general orders open on Aug-4th. Those 10 days can mean a difference of 3 or 4 months.

August 4th is the opening of public orders.
hard to say what advantage we have ordering on july 25th or 26th

could be a week or 2 , 3 weeks sooner ?

who knows with all thats happened

my guess is dealers in this area will have ground stock and or orphans by january

so us getting cars in November , not much of a difference

Back